Does Bi-Odor really work? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Does Bi-Odor really work?

I was wondering if any of you have ever use it before or are using it right now? Does it really work and help eliminate the body odor and feces odor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Title Thief Victim

hmm, Never herd of it...

I don't usa anything to make the smell go away. They get baths once in a while and I clean there box 3 times aday..depending how long there in there cage..and I dont have any problem's with smell.

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeah, me neither. But I live in a small apartment and my new ferrets(I'm getting 2 ferrets sometime in the next couple weeks, I'm so excited!) will have their cage in the livingroom so I don't want it to smell when I have guests over, you know?

I want to do some research on it first though. I don't want to give them anything that could harm them. They sell the stuff at Petco, I read about it online. All the reviews say it works wonders.

I think you just put a little in the food or water and it helps eliminate body and poo odors. I just want to see if anyone has had success/failure with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Title Thief Victim

hmm.Well I hope someone eles comes around that knows. lol.

Good luck with you're new Ferrets!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Where, or Where Could That Fairy Be?

We used it when we first brought Toffee home. I really don't remember it doing much. Then one of my friends said she would never use it as you are adding a chemical for them to ingest and you just never know what it might do. I thought about that and decided Toffee would be better without it. I really can't say I could tell a difference when she was on or off it.

I have been sent a Valentine

~Annie~ B.B.- cat, Toffee-ferret and RIP hedgehogs, Prickles, Pepper, Coconut and Nutmeg
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hmmmmm....you have a good point about the chemincal thing. And if you didn't notice a diference then it probably isn't worth the risk or the money. Thanks.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Nope, doesn't work. Complete BS.

It doesn't really add chemicals either. All it really is is a solution of amino acids and a salt or two haha. It's stupid. What a scam.

The best way to reduce ferrety smell is to simply clean their litter box often and feed them a good quality food.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyman
Nope, doesn't work. Complete BS.

It doesn't really add chemicals either. All it really is is a solution of amino acids and a salt or two haha. It's stupid. What a scam.

The best way to reduce ferrety smell is to simply clean their litter box often and feed them a good quality food.
what kind of food do you feed yours
I feed mine iams cat food i bought the marshal ferret food but they dont like it and wont eat it.
so I would like to feed somethin better for them but i dont know what
they are picky eaters
go figure
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

It's good they don't eat Marshalls...it's a low quality food that makes their poop STINK hahaha .

Iams cat food is about on the same level as Marshalls because of the corn and wheat it has in it. That's usually not too healthy for a ferret. Higher end ferret foods to choose from:

Innova Evo
Eukanuba Adult Lamb & Rice
Innova Feline
ZuPreem Ferret
8in1 Ultimate
Eukanuba Adult Chicken & Rice
Eukanuba Kitten Chicken & Rice

I feed a blend of ZuPreem and Innova Evo...usually just mix about 1/2 and 1/2. That way if they're missing something in one food, they'll get it from another. It also keeps them happy because it's multiple tastes in one...I fear they'd get bored with the same kibble all the time.

Hope that helps.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

ok I bought this stuff and one day after using it rickie had diarrea and vomiting.....that was the day i took him to the vet and got antibiotics... now I don't know if this was the cause of all his trouble but i never used it again cause i wasn't sure and i didn't want it to kill my ferret.....But then agian he could have needed the medicine for bacteria..... I wasnt about to try it again and find out what really made rickie sick....My ferret is my baby and i love him too much to let a little oder goop accidentally kill him
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

by the way im ticked that i wasted my money on this and my rickies almost wasted away from being sick.......
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

ok so where do i buy this food I have a pets mart and petco.... That is it for major pet supplies stores...
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

You can get the Eukanuba and ZuPreem foods at most petsmarts and petcos. Might even be able to get 8in1 Ultimate. Just take the list with you when you go in and check em out. The Eukanubas will be in the cat section, whereas ZuPreem and 8in1 will be in the ferret section. The others are a bit more difficult to find, but I have seen them around.

Hows your ferret doing now?

Last edited by Turkeyman; 02-21-2007 at 10:58 AM.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Petco sells the 8-in-1 ultimate. Problem is, I just was reading the ingredients on the web yesterday and it listed fish in the ingredients! Isn't that bad? I thought fish makes the poo stink?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yeah it does...I didn't feel like explaining that part, but the fish is a component of the food that'll make their poo smell. However, it's still a good quality food. In this case the bad smell isn't caused by the quality of the food, but just by an ingredient.

Tags
cat food, ferret food, litter box, pet store, pet stores, pet supplies