Ever Heard of a Sleep Sack??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Talking Ever Heard of a Sleep Sack???

This has to be one of THE weirdest places I've found one of my ferrets sleeping. Mind you, they have nice comfy bedding to sleep on in their play area as well as their cages. So where does Xavier choose to take a snooze? On top of one of those drink holders the fast food places give you My daughter figured he'd want to play with it(everything's a toy to ferrets). I didn't think he'd sleep on it LOL!! Mind you, he weighs almost 6 pounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

oh, and he's well known for sleeping on a plastic bag every now and again He's a real sweetheart, but he's very strange
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 03:25 PM
Alena

that does not look confortable!!!!!! LOL!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

LOL! Too Cute! Sounds like Audi! That girl will sleep anywhere but the beds that I give them!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 02:18 AM
LotsToLove

Talking OH MY!

:hershey:

What a beautiful boy!! He is just lovely!! Give that crazy-crazy a snuggle for me!!

I simply love the hide and seek game out ferrets play. They usually can be found in one of three places in out place. The first is behind the couch against the wall.. where they all pile high ontop of one another in a massive seven ferret ball. The second is in the couch, if no one is there to guard the hole. If that's the case its like playing the 'Fishing' game at a carnie, you never know what prize your going to get Their third and newest hiding place is in the linen closet. Though they cant open the closet door, the cats can. We figure the cats are thinking they will get the crazy-crazies in trouble, and everyone will say how wonderful the cats are. (Of course they are wonderful! Great fuzzy fat kitties that they are!)

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 05:15 AM

He looks like he is having fun.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

yep, he's unaltered--that would explain the lovely orangey-yellowish tinge he's got to his fur
Beau also hits around 6 pounds too; Rocky topped off at about 5--the weight drops drastically when they're in rut, but they usually look like big bears otherwise It's all solid muscle too; next to no fat
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

well, yes and no. Many intact males are more vocal, but I have seen some that aren't. Duncan, my albino, was actually pretty *quiet* until his 3rd rut; now he's more vocal than he was before, but he's not as vocal as my others. Rocky is my biggest *talker*. I've been on the phone and people can actually hear him in the background; he's that loud LOL!
I have several European-blooded(and other foreign bloodlines) ferrets. Xavier is 50% English. Beau is New Zealand blood lines. Rockefeller is Swedish. Hunter is Australian. Duncan is half Swedish, half Australian and so is his sister Munchkin. Gamay Beaujolais is also part Swede. Majestic(intact) and Midnight(spayed), who are cousins, are both 1/4 polecat. The UK ferrets have outstanding conformations(skeletal and muscle), beautiful heads and faces, and gorgeous coats. They are extremely keen and alert--more so than your average ferrets. They seem to be "hardier", healthwise than other ferrets. And they are VERY high strung and active. I have known many UK blooded ferrets that are extremely skittish(due to heightened senses of hearing..or maybe their poley background, or both) who go into "defense" mode when startled and will bite.
The Swedish ferrets have never been known to have the nicest looking heads, but Rocky's is well proportioned. Swedes usually have plusher coats since many originated from fur farms. They also tend to be a little heavier in the back end. Even tho Duncan is only half Swede, he has a beautiful, somewhat longer than average(but not angora) rabbit-like coat(well not when he's in rut tho)
Hunter(Australian) has a backwards schedule--he gets his summer weight/coat in the winter and vice versa.