Fare-dodging ferret causes train chaos - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Fare-dodging ferret causes train chaos

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_782774.html

A feral ferret has caused chaos on a train as it ran through carriages and ate the driver's lunch.

Frightened passengers screamed as the stray clambered over their laps when it leapt on board at Leicester station.

The pest darted over seats on the Nottingham-bound Midland Mainline service, before it sneaked into the driver's cab and dived into his lunch box.

A company spokesman said the unwanted passenger then ate the man's cheese sandwiches and biscuits before he had even noticed.

"The passengers were all scared stiff that the ferret was going to bite them. They were all going crazy," said the Midland Mainline spokesman.

"We have recently introduced a clampdown on fare-dodging - we are thinking of introducing a new policy of ferret-dodging."

After discovering the animal, the train driver radioed ahead to Long Eaton station, in Derbyshire, 15 minutes down the track, to ask for help.

RSPCA inspectors were called on board and took the ferret away in a cardboard box.

Story filed: 18:24 Sunday 18th May 2003

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

And according to a newsgroup I go to, his owner saw him on the news and has now reclaimed him.

Stephanie

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I saw that posted in a news group I go to... Hmmm Jade could it be the same news group? lol

It is amazing to me at how affraid of ferrets people really are. I really believe it is because many people are uneducated about them.
I am however relieved the owner was able to reclaim him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

That's good the owner found his ferret!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 10:18 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Kay I agree, I think it is because people are just uneducated when it comes to Ferrets, I am glad the owner got him back

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
cardboard box