Ferret - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Ferret

there is a ferret at the humane society and i was really thinking of getting a guinnea pig, because i dont think i could talk my boyfriend into another really expecive start up pet... but i was wondering how much a ferret costs for normal maintenence... i can handle a once a year check up vet costs...

i think i am going to visit it tomarrow... hmm... i would love to rescue something...

I havent been able to rescue anything because it says that you have to be 21 to adopt at our HS but i called today asking if they have guinea pigs and they said you dont nessersarily have to be 21 to adopt... at least not small pets

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i guess really it is the cage that i feel are so expencive the rest i feel ok oh spending

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Yeah, the cage can be pricey...like 150-300 dollars depending on what you get. Besides your vaccinations and ADV testing, ferret maintenence isn't too bad. For my three ferrets, I just bought a huuuge 30 lb bag of Yesterday's News litter...so that will last me 3-6 months(maybe more). It was only like 15-20 bucks. Besides that, I buy food once a month or two(ZuPreem + Eukanuba Adult)...and that's really about it. Treats are maybe another 5-10 bucks a month -- so I guess overall I'd say I spend on average 25 bucks a month on the ferret. The initial costs can get you, though. Good luck =].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

it got adopted already so no ferret for me

[/CENTER]

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww well then it wasn't meant to be! cages are the most pricey investmentl i made my degu cage, i only bought caging for 10$ at home depot here. necessity is the mother of all invention!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i made my rat cage too, oh well back to wanting a guinea pig i will make that cage as well.. i also modified my super pet iguana kingdom for my baby iguana

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 AM

i waited to adopt one at my humaine society but when they finally got one in someone stole it.
how rude
sorry
next time you see one take it that day dont leave or it will be gone
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

i didnt see it, i called and asked if they had any guinea pigs and the lady said no but we have a ferret.. and so i said ok and hung up.. later that night i was thinking about it and talked it over with my boyfriend and what not and desided we could probably handle it but now that its not there its kinda a relief because they do take time and engergy and money that i should save up so i hope it got a good home and ill just wait

[/CENTER]

Tags
guinea pig, humane society, rat cage