Ferret Bites Treat? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Ferret Bites Treat?

From what I've read ferrets aren't supposed to have peanut butter, sugars, and fruits. Yet this product is recommended by Pet-Smart called Ferret Bites - Peanut Butter Crunch

Am I missing something are is this stuff bad for them? Just because they love to eat something doesn't mean it's good for them. If they are pushing something that's not good for ferrets I'd like to let them know but wanted to check before I go writing someone.

Thanks
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Guarded by Waffles

I wouldn't give it to them. Gunny used to eat them before I got her but now i just give her some chew sticks every now and then and she's quite happy. I think they are pushing it but I'm not positive.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
is a little "special"

Pet stores dont care really whats good/bad for your pet... they just want to sell you stuff.
In ALOT of treats there is stuff that could be harmful, or even kill your pet.
I dont have ferrets, but I know in rabbit treats there is all sorts of wierd stuff thats horrible for them- geletin, wich is an animal product that buns shouldnt have cuz they are vegetarians, is found in alot of treats. Corn, wich is indegestible to them, is popular in food mixes, treats ect... Yogies are made of yogurt and milk and what not, wich can acually kill a rabbit if it has too much.
Ive bought hermit crab food that has acually killed a few of them too. :C
I make alot of my own treats and food now to make sure it doesnt have anything harmful in it.
And telling the petstore that its harmful to the animals wont make them stop selling it. Ive tried that before... they dont listen. :\

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
pet-smart