Ferret Breeder - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Ferret Breeder

Hi guys, I was wondering if you knew of any reputable Ferret Breeders in Florida. My sister is looking to get a ferret but wants to avoid getting one from a pet store. Thanks so much!

Happy Holidays!!!
-Jen

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Camden the Chinny Chin Chin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rosco the Miracle Puppy
Rosco's Kitty =His Baby
Cloud the Abandoned Kitten
Gyao =Spoiled Rotten
Ohana =Spoiled Rotten
=Howard the Dumpster Ham Ham
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get. -Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Adolescent Pup

Unfortuantly no, but have you thought about trying to look up a Ferret rescue center in your area? We go two from a Ferret rescue in Chicago and they were the greatest little carpet munchers.

^^^Click Here^^^

Please Adopt Bianca!

for more information.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

My sister has e-mailed a few breeders with no replies yet, I'm attributing that to the holidays. She is trying to keep her options open as well, but I have found it very hard to find ferret breeders. Thank you for your suggestion!

Mom to:

Camden the Chinny Chin Chin
Rosco the Miracle Puppy
Rosco's Kitty =His Baby
Cloud the Abandoned Kitten
Gyao =Spoiled Rotten
Ohana =Spoiled Rotten
=Howard the Dumpster Ham Ham
Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get. -Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 11:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

Anytime I can help

^^^Click Here^^^

Please Adopt Bianca!

for more information.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 10:32 PM

[B]I've been looking for a ferret breeder in Illinois. Just like Jen's sister I am looking to avoid purchasing one in a pet store. I'd like to raise a young one, and I just can't seem to find a breeder in my area. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

Thanks,
-Chris
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Alika

What I'm finding out is that ferret breeders are few and far between. Apparently, they're a really difficult animal to breed, so there's not a whole lot of them around.

I found a breeder with shipping experience across the country. I think we will be buying from her, then paying to have our fert kits shipped to us.

I didn't want to buy from a petstore, either. I have no problem with rescues, except that I would rather not deal with a whole bunch of health problems right off the bat. I have 2 rescue birds, one petshop bird, a petshop ig... this time, I wanted to try buying from a reputable breeder.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Playful Pup

Buying from a breeder is just the same as buying from a petstore to me. You just have to find the right petstore. Some breeders are like ferret mills, they just constantly breed their poor ferrets, others won't breed much and will only have ferrets once in awhile. If you buy the book, ferrets for dummies it will help you out alot. There are several ferret rescues in Florida. If you want me to e-mail you the list of them, please e-mail me or reply to this msg and I will be happy to e-mail them to you. Also, it says if you are a first timer with ferrets, an older ferret would be better to get first.

Leslie

Leslie and Victor

~*Mother and Father Of 2 Boys*~

Xavier (9-26-02)
Joshua (12-19-03)

Our Ferrets Fuzzball and Smokey
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM

Hey, my name is will. My family and I are interested in getting a couple of ferretts. we already had but we lost her to some ferrett sickness. so we know how to take care of them. We are interested in getting a pair of ferretts but we dont know where to find them. Would anybody know where we find a good place to get ferretts in in florida, perferably in brevard county? thanks for your time, will
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello Earthling

This thread is from 2004

Tags
pet store, reputable breeder