Ferret cages? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:10 PM

Where can you get choroplast at????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Usually the best place to go is a place that makes signs.

here is a place you can order it online:
https://secure5.nexternal.com/shared...ategoryID=1559

I go to Midwest Sign & Screen Printing in St Paul, they are more of a wholesaler and are less exspensive.

Just look in your yellow pages under signs and start calling around and ask if they sell full sheets (4ftx8ft) of coroplast.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:31 PM

http://www.craftycreatures.com/forfe...perdeluxe.html

I have 6 ferrets in this cage right now and they are reasonable. I put linolium on all the levels to make it easier on there feet. This cage could be made also but then trying to get a pan. my ferrets pick up the flooring and hide under it. But it makes it easy on there feet, and the acrylic litter pans are the best in the world its high in the back so no messes and low enough for an old ferret to get into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 10:30 AM

you can get cubes with 1/2" x 1/2" wire at target and i think you get 16 grids for $13.99
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 AM

Hi!
I'm not sure if this thread is even active anymore, but I posted something in another thread about this. I would be afraid of the cube sections to build a cage because a) if it's the 1"x1" squares the ferrets would get out, wouldn't they? and b) if it's the mesh style kind, then wouldn't that be nearly as bad as using the aquarium in terms of ventilation? ... just a few things I would worry about. (not to mention one of the little buggers figuring out how to detatch the corners!)

Here's what I did:
I use a 54 gallon rubbermaid tote (approx 3 1/2' wide x 2' deep x 4x tall) as a base and attach hardware cloth with a small grid to the tote with wire. (I use zip ties to attach the hardware cloth panels to one another but the wire seemed more sturdy with the tote. I use the hardware cloth for the walls, ceiling, and "floors". for the floors, I folded the hardware cloth double for more support and also slid dowels underneath them to brace them. I cut holes in the mesh for ramps and also used the cloth for the ramps, but I taped all the sharp edges and coated the ramps in non-toxic glue to protect their little feet from rough edges. (wouldn't need to be done if you use coated hardware cloth, but it was much more expensive and not needed for the entire cage) I also found an interesting setup where the litter box is contained in a separate tupperware container and connected via tube to the main 'house' so the potty room is easy to detatch and clean more often. (http://wrongcrowd.com/gallery/litterbox)

i hope this helps. I've considered other ways to build the cages, but this seems to be pretty sturdy and was only about $35. and-- if I need more space for any reason, just build another one and it can go next to it or kitty corner or however the arrangement and attach using the tubing or PVC piping.

thanks!
Manda

Tags
guinea pig, litter box, litter boxes, litter pan