Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Ferret started biting

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  FlickeringHope 
#1 ·
Hello
I'm glad I found you guys. I need some help and so many of you seem to know so much.
OK, here's my question.
I just sold my about 3 year old ferret on Friday night. He is now biting the new owner. The ferret wasn't a biter before. Could it be that they should just leave him alone in his cage for a few days, 4-5 and try again then to befriend him?
Or if you know of anything else I can tell these new owners to try and help them.
Thanks in advance for your time and help
FK

#3 ·
Oh thank you so much.
That's what I thought. I just sent a letter off to the new owners trying to explain how scared he must be. I feel so bad for him. He's so terrified he has to bite.

I think these people will be good owners, their just a bit excited to have a new pet. Given some time I think all will work out well.

Thanks again for the reassurance. I wanted to make sure I was steering these people in the right direction.
FK

#5 ·
Hello FlickeringHope

No, none. The mom bought the ferret for her almost 13 year old son. Much thought had gone into the decision and the son has done extensive research on ferrets. I am confident he will be a good pet owner after getting over this first hurdle. He is just so excited to finely be getting a ferret. Mom said no for a long time.
I'll keep you posted if I hear from them again.

FK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.