ferrets...? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

ferrets...?

what do they do all day? I mean, they sleep 20 hours a day and smell really bad, and behave sorta...you know, bad i guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My mom's friend has one and a old 'friend', i guess you could say, used to have one. I don't think they smell bad at all. I know they are born with a 'stinker' like skunks, but people get them removed.
Very flexible. Very.

I wouldn't leave them alone with any small animals. Actually, I wouldn't even let them in the same room because they are carnivores and would go after them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Mine is up most of the time and wants out to play. She sleeps a lot but also plays a lot

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:19 PM

sure they sleep alot, but I like to say they seem to have an on and off switch, whenever your ready to play so are they!!!!And come on they don't stink,yes there is a slight smell but stink no I don't think so...........maybe the one's you see in pet stores stink,but thats because well I don't have to lecture about pet stores(any of them) we all know! And they don't behave badly its just them being ferrets!
Noone enjoys life like a ferret and when I used to watch all mine dook around, I would be on cloud nine! You can not be in a bad mood around them.......that just isn't allowed.....it doesn't takea special person to be a ferret owner......they steal your heart along w/ your keys...........lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Herp Nerd

They do sleep a lot, but they're almost always ready to play if wakened, any time of day. They tend to get energy in bursts... and ferrets do have a distinct odor, but really, their diet plays a large factor in whether it is simply musky or actually disgusting. They don't behave badly, just mischievously, if they had thumbs - then they'd be really bad!

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 AM

They sleep a lot like cats...they don't smell and they are the best comic relief there is. You can't be in a room with one or more ferrets and not help but laugh. They make you feel happy. The smell can be bad if you bath them constantly or if you feed them foods high in fish oils.

I have 6 of them and they make awesome pets.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 11:06 AM

I would have to agree, petkeeper. Its impossible not to laugh when watching a few ferrets play and run around together. I just like to sit and watch them play together, they are so funny.

And ferrets introduced young to other small animals should be ok. My ferrets get along with kittens/cats, dogs, and my hedgehog. They couldn't really be bothered by any of them as they are busy with their own playing.

Tags
pet store, pet stores