Ferrets Need Homes.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:25 AM
luvnstuff

Exclamation Ferrets Need Homes..

It seems the "Pet of the Year" reign is now over for the ferret. Shelters and Foster Houses are being overloaded with the leftovers of being the pet to have just a few years back.
Ferrets are fun loving sweet playful animals and they need humans and fellow furrballs to romp and play with.
Do YOU have room in your heart or home for a foster or two? Ferrets sometimes get a bad rap due to biting and smell.
I have to say that is not normal nor is that the average ferret.
Yes ferrets LOVE to play and yes occasionally your toe might be held hostage, but given a toy on a string they quickly take the funner toy!
Ferrets can have a slight odor. , but a SMELLY ferret is NOT a healthy ferret. Diet and overbathing are usually the main culprits of a smelly ferret.
Food is a BIG issue with these little furballs, and alot of foods that say FERRET FOOD are really no good at all. Just like in Dog and Cat kibbled food there are many varieties and degrees of good bad and just down right ugly.

Do some checking into your heart and home and make room for some comical friends for life.

Check your local foster homes.. or check at www.petfinders.org for a furo that needs you!

Some foster houses are needing forever foster homes for those older ones and not so adoptable ones too. Although their lives may be short with you how nice to provide these guys with love and a safe warm home for possibly the first time in their lives!

Chicago Ferret House has issued a "HELP!" due to overloading of furballs.. I read where they have over a hundred ferrets needing home !!!! And have been transferring them out due to overcrowding!!!
Greater Chicago Ferret Assoc

As well as the Motor City Ferrets in the Detroit Michigan Area
Motor City Ferrets

I personally have two "rescue" ferrets, one that just showed up at our door in the middle of winter..hence her name Shivers! And her little friend we adopted at a foster house YukiSato. Yukis humans had moved and left her and her two cage mates behind in the apt. Only Yuki made it to adoptable the other was still very sick and the third I dont think made it. How sad humans can be.. :0(
She is so sweet I dont know how anyone could leave animals behind.
The pic below is Yuki..what a cutie eh'!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 11:50 AM
luvnstuff

Lightbulb WHOOPS!

I typed one of the address' wrong!!
www.petfinder.org

NOT petfinderS.org..(that does bring you to a adoption site in california that will link you to the right address..but WHOOPS !)

Tags
cage mate, ferret food