Ferrets on PBS - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Ferrets on PBS

I'm not sure of the various schedules around the country and in Canada, but here in Chicago, a program on keeping ferrets will be airing tonight at 8:00 central time on our local PBS station (channel 11). Check your local affiliates if you're interested. It looks like it will be a pretty good show. <-Steve->
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Hahaha my mom actually called and told me about this one, so I'll be watching tonight. Thanks for the reminder.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

maybe that will be showing here, hopefully i can catch it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Well, that show was a bit weird. Some stuff was cool, but other stuff was questionable/weird/annoying hahah. Still, good to see a show about ferrets for once.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

I was channel surfing when I got home from work tonight and happened upon it about midway through. Although I'm not a ferret expert I thought some of the stuff was, um, different but I did find it quite interesting. And who can resist those cute little ferret faces?! I did laugh at the end when they were telling who won what in the shows and the one ferret's caption said "Did not bite anyone"

Rhonda

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

OK...where to begin??? Very strange people, those ferret lovers.
The show reminded me of a ferret version of the comedy/"mockumentary" Best in Show. I thought some of the highlights were the "Ferret Luge" (dryer vent down the stairs) and "Ferret butt-planing" (carrying your ferret around town). And who could forget the beautiful and melodious "Ferret Song"...in all its many verses...?

I liked the factoid at the end that stated:

327 ferrets entered in the Buckeye Bash...400 ribbons awarded!
Now you just can't beat that!

I still think ferrets are cool though. <-Steve->
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Leo

Ok.... I do not own a ferret... my knowledge of them is very limited. I was channel surfing last night and came upon it, I had to do all I could not to laugh, because it reminded me so much of: Best in Show (I LOVE this movie).

I never knew there were people out there so excited about ferrets (or any animal).

I think the highlight of the show for me was when the lady won the first place ribbon, she was counting down "8th place I was starting to get a funny feeling"..... "4th place I began to get more excited"... "3rd"..... "2nd"..... "1st place goes to" ...I thought she was going to eat her ferret when they announced her name... and then when she was like screaming at the ferret and waving it's body around going "you did good girl, you did good" I seriously almost peed my pants laughing (side note: Is it ok to wave your ferret around like that?).

Are there really people like that out there or was this a completely made up show? I have been asking myself that all morning.

I would like to see more shows about ferrets, but maybe not on "ferret shows" and competition. Ferrets are cute little guys... I enjoyed seeing all the cute little ferrets.

Fez, are you thinking about entering your ferrets into a competition now?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Hahaha . Oh man, I don't think I could put my ferrets through what those show ferrets have to go through. All the traveling, being held without getting to explore, being transferred from hand to hand, sitting in a tiny playpen or carrier the entire time...crazy! That lady may have went overboard with the waving lol.

I think the bit about having 25 lbs of dead ferret in the freezer to get a discount on cremation was completely uncalled for. However, I did like how one of the owners had a pot with a rosebush in it for each of their ferrets that had died -- and would spread the ashes of the ferret into it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
...I thought she was going to eat her ferret when they announced her name...
Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyman
I think the bit about having 25 lbs of dead ferret in the freezer to get a discount on cremation was completely uncalled for.
That must've been at the first part of the show, thankfully I missed that part! That's just a tad bit creepy, not to mention gross!

Rhonda