Frenzy and Saber Pictures! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Frenzy and Saber Pictures!

Well finally got some pictures taken!

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mully\My Documents\My Pictures\PIC009[/IMG]
Left to Right: Frenzy (Sable with mitts), Saber (Sable)
I just took this picture, they are pooped out right now.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mully\My Documents\My Pictures\Jun26001[/IMG]
Saber is attacking the green apple on my fish net. Both of the ferrets love that toy.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mully\My Documents\My Pictures\Jun26008[/IMG]
This is Frenzy's and Saber's cage. I had to move the bubble tunnel higher because they were afraid to go through it at the bottom because it was so dark.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mully\My Documents\My Pictures\Jun26006[/IMG]
They love this empty 2 litter. The funnest part is when they try to run off with it and it gets stuck.

I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures

Last edited by gto_cowgirl; 06-26-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well i added them to my manage attachments list but i can't seem to find out how to put them in a post.

Oh, i see them now.
First one is the ferrets together. Second one is where saber try to run off with the 2 litter bottle. Third one is where saber is attacking a green apple and the last one is the cage where they stay at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Together2.jpg (55.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Cage2.jpg (48.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Myapple.jpg (46.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Bottle.jpg (52.9 KB, 22 views)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Very cute! That cage is HUGE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Ferrets are so funny! Great pics!
Oh and I have that same cage that I'm temperarily using for some chins (until I get their new cages built) and I never realized how much stuff you could fit in there! It looks great!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks so much! Yeah, its hard to believe how big it was until it was built. I felt bad for working 8 hours a day and being away from the babies that i bought them enough cage room to play in. I'm to terrified to let them roam around the house without me there, they get enough trouble with me there!

Last edited by gto_cowgirl; 06-26-2004 at 08:07 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

gto,
they look great!! (I have that SAME cage! although now I put an expansion on it)

Do you leave their collars on all the time? how do they react to them? (I have never used them and have thought about it so I am just curious)

My babies are never out of their cage unattended either. Much safer that way since they seem to find things of danger that we often overlook. Thanks for sharing with us!! now we need more
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Very cute pics! The third one reminds me of my friend's ferret. She loved dragging things around. So cute.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well i bought the collars when i first got them because i read you want a bell on them in one of the ferret books. But they kept losing the collars when they attacked each other that i figured just leave the collars off. So a few days later without any collars on, Frenzy finds his way into the heating duct which took 30 mins to get him to come out. I realized after heart pouding that i would not let the ferrets roam around without bells on anymore because i can't keep up with them as much.

Now whenever they take the collars off i just place them in the cage until i find the collar. At first the ferrets hated the collars but they pretty much ignore them now. The only time they really slide the collars off are accidental while they are fighting with each other.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Awr. What little dolls

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Roz, i love your little Avatar. Gotto love it when dogs do that!

Oh, one more note on the collars. It really helps when you can't see the ferrets as they crawl behind stuff such as my desk but i know they are safe and where they should be when i hear the bells. Thats the main reason i have to have bells on them now. If i can't hear the bells then i know they are resting, collars slide off or they are getting into trouble. Most the time they are getting into trouble and i can stop them as soon as they start getting into trouble because i heard the bells.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Newborn Pup

What kind of cage is that it looks awsome ... my fuzzies are jelous ...
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

The cage is a Super Pet Deluxe Multi Floor Ferret Home. I got mine at petco, but you can also find them at petsmart online:

Petsmart Cage link.

I like it because it comes with full floors so if the ferrets fall they don't go past the floor they were on in the beginning. The only real bad thing i hate about this cage is that it has small doors, the large litter boxes do not fit through them. Each floor is made up of 3 panel pieces that come apart pretty easily so i take one panel out of the top floor to slide through to the 3rd floor. I would recommend this cage though. As you can see i got seperate floors for seperate things. It was a little expensive at first but i really am glad i bought it. It gives them exercise while i'm gone by climbing up and down and they can play, sleep, eat and poop and it doesn't have to all be on the same floor.

4th or Top floor = food and water, sleeping hammock and litter box.

3rd floor = litter box and a few toys or usually i keep a frozen 3 liter bottle wrapped in a towel while i'm gone so they don't ever get hot.

2nd floor = Its a complete sleeping room with a bed in the back, tons of old clothes and a very VERY soft stuffed animal.

1st floor = there is a litter box for when their playing around the living room and there is space to wrestle.

Last edited by gto_cowgirl; 06-30-2004 at 01:27 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 06:21 PM

gto_cowlgirl... i have the same cage as you. Did you buy more of the shelf pieces? or did you do something else? and where did you get them because i definitely want more. My cage feels so bare. Also your litter boxes, where did you get those too?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well the cage I got came with 9 shelves so i didn't really need to add anymore, 3 shelves make a level. But i do know you can reorder more shelves or a ladder to your liking that are from the same company,Super Pet, from the ferret store.

Ferret Store

I bought the litter boxes from Petco but you can also order those from the ferret store. The litter boxes are called the Super Pet Hi-Bac Litter Pan.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Playful Pup

I am soo jealouse I want a Ferret... they are soo adorable

D.O.D. Friday August 13th, 2004

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, litter pan, stuffed animal