Funny Ferret Story! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Cool Funny Ferret Story!

Since I'm new to this community, I wanted to intruduce our ferret Archangel ~AKA Sister ~ and her Brother Pocy (who is now in Ferret heaven) with a funny story.

Keith and I got our ferrets the year I started college. They actually moved in with Keith before I did! That year I went home to visit family for Christmas break. I came home with a kitten ~ my *sisters* wanted to give him to Keith for Christmas!
When I gave Keith this adorable little kitty, the only thing he said was, "we can't keep that thing." I was crushed! His reason was that his Sister and Pocy were more important and he was worried about their safety. I told him that we needed to give it some time and that if there was a problem, I would find Azrael a new home.
I vividly remember the first time that Sister and Pocy met Azrael. They were bouncing around on the floor and were so excited. Azrael played with them a little but then lost interest and walked away. I smiled at Keith and said, "I guess we get to keep him then, huh?"
Later, we heard the most horrific screaming coming from the cat. We ran into the bedroom to see Pocy *dragging* Azrael around by the eyebrow. After separating them, Keith admitted that we never had to worry about the cat hurting the ferrets again!
In the 5 years of Pocy's life and until Sister got elderly, they ruled the roost! I once asked Keith, "Me or the ferrets? If you had to choose." With his response, I knew that even *I* was ranked lower than the ferrets at our house!!!!!
~Nellie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

That is great! Thanks for sharing it with us Nellie!
So is Sister the only ferret remaining now? will you plan on getting any more? I must see a picture of this darling queen of the castle!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, Sister is the only one now.
No, I don't think we will be getting anymore.
Sister and Pocy were tons of fun, but also a lot of work. We have a baby, a human one, now (I plan to have a few more over the years) and I don't think that a ferret like Sister would be really good with kids. I wouldn't want to risk getting one and having to get rid of it because it wasn't good with kids or keeping it confined to a cage all the time. Sister and Pocy had their own bedroom and for quite a while had free run of our apartment. I wouldn't have wanted it anyother way.
Besides, it would be hard to replace them in our hearts!
~Nellie
PS I don't have any pix of them on my computer right now. I will have to go thru some old pictures and post them later!