Good Bye Koru - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Good Bye Koru

I'm really upset today, and will be for a looong time. My ferret, Koru, has been taken back by his owners. I was pet sitting him for about five months, and now they took him back. They didn't even care how attached I had gotten to him. It's not like I can visit him either, they took him with them to their new house in Canada. I feel like sinking into the floor and disappearing. Everytime I walk into my room, I see the place where his cage was, and I start to cry. It's not fair! I miss my ferret. He was soo perfect. I loved him with all my heart and he was perfect around my bunnies and birds. I miss Koru!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 06:28 PM

So sorry to hear about your little friend leaving you,Babysitting fo that long id a been very attached too.Hopefully he will be going to a good home though and i know it wont be the same but maybe you could rescue or buy a ferret to replace the void.
BEST WISHES!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 06:44 PM

I'm sorry they took him back. I hope it gets a little easier as the days pass for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

after 5 moths I can imagine it would be hard! Sorry you have to go through this.
Why did you have him for so long? I agree though that although it won't "replace" Koru, try adopting another ferret from a shelter! There are so many out there that need good homes and I'm sure you could find a perfect match for you!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:48 PM

Wow, five months! It usually takes me about a day or two to get attached to a pet. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but fsty's right! It can't replace him, but it can help you feel better to make a better life for another ferret.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 12:06 PM

hey, it sucks that after 5 months the owners came and took Koru away. Fsty's so right though, there are tons of ferrets needing good homes and since you have some experience now, take a look at some shelters. There are many amazing ferrets out there that need a chance!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your support guys, but I can't imagine getting another ferret anytime soon. The people bought a house in Canada and wanted to get settled in first and then bring Koru up so it would be easier on him. It is getting somewhat easier to live without him. I still wish he was back with me.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

aww Millimi I can only imagine how you're feeling right now

I agree don't rush into getting another one just yet... BUT by all means don't rule it out either. Once you do get another one (or 2 ) you will add lots of love & joy back into your life that Koru once gave you! Try to keep your head up in the mean time... as hard as it may seem it will get better.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Proud New Mommy

Exactly what fstybrat said.

I can only imagine pet sitting any pet for 5 whole months.. I bet you totally forgot you were pet sitting to begin with. That's got to be awfully hard. I'm so sorry.

Please don't take it too hard, though it's got to be rough..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I can understand how much you are hurting right now...it would be tough. In a couple of years I'm going overseas for 6 months and have asked people to babysit my animals for me. However when I come back I know they are going to be attached and I will let them visit any time they want to...and even have them over for a night or two at their place again when I get back. I understand that my furbabies are going to miss their temporary owners too and I'm not going to expect my sitters to just forget about them and pretend they didn't get attached.
I'm sorry they took so long to come back and get their ferret....five months is a long time. It will get easier for you and when you are ready I'm sure you'll happily allow another ferret into your home again.

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your support guys. Just reading your posts and knowing you understand makes me feel so much better.
I know it will take a lot of time to get over Koru, I will never forget him, and I probably will get another ferret, or two. Just not now. Sometimes I wish that I had never taken care of Koru, but then I think of all the fun and joy he brought into my life. I only wish it wasn't so hard...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Aww Millimi

Don't ever regret taking care of him! I know it is hard right now, and as you said will take some time to get over & heal from heartache, BUT... you would have probably never known how wonderful it can be to have a ferret in your life had you not taken care of him. There WAS good in it believe me! You learned how to be patient & provide them with the love, trust & support a ferret requires to be happy! You're a doll for doing so for as long as you did then having to give him up like that. In time sweetie... in time.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Aww, thanks fsty! Reading your message made me feel so much better.