Here's the REAL McCoy! :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Here's the REAL McCoy! :)

Presenting... McCoy. A BOY. He's 1-2 months older than Natira. He's a bit bigger than her, but his colors fascinate me. I have confirmed she's deaf. How do I know? Well, I made a treat bag sound and only McCoy took notice. I've clapped my hands, I've snapped my fingers, and only McCoy reacts. Ah well, I love them both dearly. Their little dances of joy make me laugh. I decided that the living room will never be ferret proof. McCoy went 80% into the frame of the couch where I panicked trying to get him out and I realized then that the living room would not be a safe place to roam. I will be making my bedroom the ferret proof spot for them to wander through, just need to clean it up.

Well... here he is!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jess HE is adorable!! He almost looks like a black sable - I love him!

We we had our ferts we actually took the feet off the couch & dropped it to the floor so they couldn't get under it.

Sorry to hear about Natira's deafness confirmed ... the good thing though is you know now & can train her accordingly in case of any emergencies.

How is she responding to McCoy?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

I was a bit nervous at first because they would end up play fighting and I read they play rough, but I saw them biting at each other's ears and such, I would just tap the cage to have them calm down, but I think it's alright they do that?

They curl up near each other. I may have to get them a bigger bed, only one of them fits in that one they have now.

I believe with time, their bond will grow stronger. He's super sweet. I had also read males are more snuggly and females are more squeemish. I can tell the difference.

I'm just so happy they now have each other while I'm at work and such. I take them out throughout the day to play with me and wander the couch areas (under my supervision since this place is not ferret proof). They're a blast to watch too.

I loved his super dark colors and he only has white around his nose and mouth. He's really adorable. He's also bigger than her, is that normal for males to be bigger? I guess a month's difference can also affect the size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapaddict
They curl up near each other. I may have to get them a bigger bed, only one of them fits in that one they have now.

The best part of Ferret math! How many ferrets can fit in a hammock? Six...unless you have more!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:07 PM

He is so adorable!!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:31 PM

He's so adorable!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Oh Congrats! Taht explains the BF you were picking up for who, LOL.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:30 AM

He is very adorable! I love the dark sables too. Yes, it is very common for males to be bigger than the females. They can bite/play bite each other and it is totally normal as long as there is no flying poop, blood or screaming (by the ferrets, not you lol). It sounds like they have adjusted to each other very quickly.
We took the bun feet off our couch too, but they quickly learned they could still get in the back of the couch through the cushion side *roll eyes* The only ferret proof couch is a futon, for the most part. Congrats on your new additions!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Well, McCoy was trying to get IN the couch. He actually was in almost all the way into the inside of the armrest and I was freaking out because I don't know how I would get him out so I held on to his back part of his body and attempted pulling him out gently even though he really was persistant at getting in there. That was so scary. I'm definitely making the bedroom the ferret proof room for them to roam around in, just have to pick up the mess.

I will have a video to share soon...

I bathed them and they went crazy afterwards chasing each other, lol.

They now sleep together as well, it's adorable. I love seeing them try to drink water from the bottle together too.

I do, however, need to get a food container that attaches with a bracket of some sort to the cage as they now like making me upset and flipping all the food over and having the pieces scatter all over the floor. Little nuts.

They're so funny.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Miss New Booty

He is adorable! Congrats on getting your ferrets!! I love that last picture!!
Jess glad to see you back btw, we've missed ya!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Awww, thanks! It's so nice to be remembered!! I didn't think anyone would know who I was.

I didn't feel as comfortable without any pets, but now that I have them, I can't help but spread my love for them all over the forum. lol.

Thank you so much for your kind words!