Hi all - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Hi all

Hello everyone, I just joined about 5 minutes ago! I have been reading and learning about ferrets for about a year now and tomorrow I will be bringing home my first one. His name is Critter and Im getting him from a shelter. He is coming with all of his cage and accesories...which isnt much considering the people he was with really didnt know what he needed. Anyway, my question is...what are some good ways you have found to help your new fuzzy get used to and be comfortable in a new place?? Hes only had one owner and then the shelter. Also his orginal owner and the shelter both fed him only cat food. I read that if you feed them cat food you have to mix ferret food with it. Hes around 2 years old. Should I just leave him on what he is currently eatting or chaange his food? I know how to change his food but i dont know if i should or not. And one more thing...what are some things that you should know about ferrets that you cant read about in books...like experience type things? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Will It Ever Change?

Hi and welcome

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Playful Pup

What kind of cat food are they feeding him? There are some very good cat foods that are perfectly acceptable to feed ferrets. If it's one of the good ones you don't have to change him over to ferret food. Regardless of what kind of food it is, I would wait on changing it, until he's settled into his new home for at least a few days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.