Hunting Ferret: Those who like mice and rabbits dont read. - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAni View Post
Domesticated ferrets really shouldnt be taught to hunt, thats why they were domesticated!! For people to enjoy their often gentle and loving sides, not the "animal killing sides". I know that they do that IN THE WILD but captive animals shouldnt be taught that.
By that logic, dogs shouldn't hunt, either. Like ferrets, many dog breeds were intended for hunting.

Ferrets were not originally kept to be "gentle and loving", they were kept for a specific task--hunting.

I don't understand why people have a problem with this just because the animals in question are ferrets and not dogs.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

^^^^ I highly agree. Couldnt had said it better myself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

its not that the rats are being wasted, they are being eaten.

Snakes eat rats as well, i think they should be dead first because they can cause injury to pet snakes but they gotta eat.

[/CENTER]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I grew up in france, and in maybe the 3rd or 4th grade we'd always do hikes every week in the forest and parks.
One time we got to see chickens hatch, and another time we got to see hunting ferrets!
I guess it's very common in france, but there are a lot of people who hunt with ferrets, the ferrets are trained not to eat the bunny and usually not even kill the bunny. The ferret goes in the hole and makes the bunny come out so the hunter can shoot it and then eat it!]

and i agree that hunting ferrets are the same as hunting dogs.