i got a ferret... now i need help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Red face i got a ferret... now i need help

well, i just got a ferret.. literally 2 hours ago.... a woman at my work, her daughter was going to give her to the humane society cause she cant care for her anymore (she has lupus and children.. too much too handle)... i know shes about a year old... i have her cage and her food... now, whats a good type of bedding to use in her cage? she is littertrained, i just have to get her back to doing it.. and when im not home, whats good to have in her cage to keep her entertained? shes kinda skinny so im gonna get her some vitamins and such.. last time i had a ferret, i was 14, so im kinda out of practice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

When I had ferrets years ago, I used kiln dried pine for bedding and used a dust free clumping kitty litter for their litter box. For toys, they seemed to like almost any type of cat toy, especially the balls that had bells in them.

I'm not a ferret expert by any means but I'm sure fstybrat will be able to help you out more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Part of the Pack

Congrats on your new addition!

I also just took in a pair of rescue ferrets this weekend - I am a complete newbie - but I've been doing my research. Turns out that most ferrets prefer to have cloth liners and things to burrow in for bedding. And then kitty litter or Yesterday's News in the litter box.

I've read they don't like having pine shavings for bedding because they're not rodents.

Tags
dried pine, humane society, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, kitty litter, litter box, pine shavings