I need suggestions for getting a ferret! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question I need suggestions for getting a ferret!

ok, Ive been doing a lot of research, and Ive decided I want a ferret. attention isnt too much of a problem, my mom can play with it while I'm at school, and then I can play with it when I get home. but Im having trouble with housing first, could you post pics of your ferret cages so I can get an idea? also I was thinking of only getting one, because I only have bout $200 for dishes to hold food and water, toys, beds, litter box, and the ferret itself. the vet bills my parents are going to take care of. but the cage....I could buy one small one, but then I couldnt get two ferrets, and Im not sure a rabbit cage would be big enough for a ferret. I was thinking of asking for a bigger cage for my birthday, and that will take care of that. but if I get a big cage, like the size of a big parrot cage, macaws and stuff...should I get two? if I can afford it? Im worried one might get lonely, but idk about two. ok I know my questions didnt really make sense but yea. Im hoping the whole ferret thing will work out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Newborn Pup

Hope you have fun with your new ferret!

Ferrets do better when they have other ferrets to play with. If you only get one, he'll need lots of attention. As for a cage, here is a picture of mine. I've had one ferret in it and want to put a second one in there, but might decide they need something bigger. They need to have room to play; a rabbit cage would not be big enough. The best cages have multiple levels.

Everything can get pretty expensive, so maybe it would be better to earn a bit more money so you can afford a big enough cage and still get two ferrets.

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s514416694_578686_101.jpg (3.5 KB, 5 views)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hello, congrats on your soon-to-be-baby, in my opinion cages bigger is better. But as long as its sleeping,eating,litter box areas are totally separated you should be fine. As far as 2 ferrets--yes ferrets enjoy other ferrets--But its not a have to case. One ferret should be just as happy as 2-8 as long as its out for play time at LEAST4 hours(more is always great) in 2 hour intervals is best as they sleep alot. Remember to get at LEAST 1 hammock and I highly recommend buying Ferrets for Dummies--great book for ALL ferret owners........Don't worry you"ll do just fine

torigrrrl

Tags
litter box, rabbit cage