I'm in Love! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

Thumbs up I'm in Love!

I got to hold my very first ferret today!!! It was the cutest, sweetest thing (aside from my chinnies that is ), I had no idea they were so flexible and friendly! Are most ferrets so cuddly? I REALLY want one now! I love my chins, but it would be super cool to have something I could hold and cuddle! Ahh, I'm in love, the bf is gonna kill me when I start on this crusade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 02:51 AM
ChinTopia

LOL they are cute, thats actually how we found out about chinchillas, we wanted a ferret, but after visiting a rescue and discovering their scent and teethe, we were looking for something a little less...... intimidating and smeeling that the kids could enjoy too, but as soon as the kids leae, I am getting one 4 sure

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

My main concerns about getting a ferret are smell (saw on once that STANK)but it sound like that can be avoided, and also I heard that they are aggresive to and will kill other small animals (my chins) but that also could be avoided b/c I will have a separate chin room eventually. LOL, I guess the fact that they are illegal here should be a concern too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChinTopia
but after visiting a rescue and discovering their scent and teethe,
Oh, so chinchillas don't have teeth? Just about everything that has teeth in their mouth can and will bite if they choose to; ferrets aren't any more prone to bite than any other animal
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 03:19 PM
ChinTopia

Quote:
Oh, so chinchillas don't have teeth? Just about everything that has teeth in their mouth can and will bite if they choose to; ferrets aren't any more prone to bite than any other animal
WOW didn't mean to start a debate, as I said when my kids move out, then I will deffinately get one, but at the moment, If my daughter were to put her finger in a grumpy chins cage, it may break the skin, but being that chins do not have "meat eater" teeth, it is likely the bite would be alot less severe, However I can say my youngest child has only ever been bit once..... she got a little too close to a cage with a mommy and babes in it...... My oldest has never been bit......

Now I am not saying a ferret WOULD bite, I am saying that if I had to take the risk of one or the other bitting her, the chin was a better alternative, also when we got chins, we planned on having ONE...... Which is caged a majority of the time and allowed out acouple hours a night to run, wheras I feel a ferret would have much more free run time.....

It was just a person decision we made at the time, and for us, it was not the right time for a feret..... mind you I never planned on having 30 odd chins either

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 03:40 PM
My Ferrets Are Smarter Than I Am.

My ferret is a cuddler. But I know some that don't want to be picked up at all. They will allow it but don't like it. My baby will lay on your lap for hours as long as you pet that special spot on her neck. Good luck on getting a ferret! I never knew they could be so great until Stinky came along.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:10 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

WE used to have a ferret when the kidswere younger and they loved him.He never bit us but sure had the dog terrified of it.LOLI have had a chin to miss a treat and bite my finger hurts like the dickens for 3 days.She brought blood but was not her fault it was mine.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Moving Out to Accommodate Her Pets

My ferret loves attention of any kind. He is getting quite old now so I am alot more careful with him with Shayla. But she loves him very much and I don't think she has ever been bitten. I am careful because he loved to play a version of peek a boo with her and she would make elaborate blanket tents and ramps in her room. Well he had climbed up on her desk and was doing his side ways bounce and fell. He was injured with a concusion of the spine and we really thought we were going to loose him. I was afraid of what my cats would do when i first got the ferret but he put them in there place really quickly. One of the cats was stalking him , he disappeared under the couch only to reappear right behind the cat, bit cat in the butt and was gone lol. I never knew a cat could jump so high. The cat was unharmed but learnt real quick that the ferret was to be treated with some degree of respect. I don't allow my dogs and ferret to interact though, other then through the cage and that is no problem. My rottie tends to chase any thing that runs and i am too afraid that he will injure Stinky

http://community.webshots.com/user/possummomca
Pets are for life
Not just for xmas

Tags
chin room