Photos! Introducing... the porkchops! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Introducing... the porkchops!

New here. I have a wonderful family of fuzzballs, including 4 ferrets, who I think as crazy as they make me... I'd go even crazier without!

So, just want to introduce you to my wonderful little guys!

This is Fenris. I got him in 2001 from a friend of mine who no longer wanted to take care of him and thought it was fun to do mean things to him. I bugged him every single day untill he handed Fenris over to me. He's been happy and lovey ever since.

[ more of Fen here: Fenris ]

Ichi, along with his brother Koda, I got in 2007. They were living in a home that never cleaned their cage and put them in large hamster balls to run around. Their food and bedding were soaked with pee, as were they. They were small and aggressive and scared. Now, they are big, cute and love to play.

[More photos of Ichi here.]

Here's Koda, Ichis brother.

[ More of Koda HERE ]

I got Cash a few weeks after Ichi and Koda. He was in a petstore and just looked sad. He was the only one left, and I figured what the hey. The boys can use one more brother.. so, he soon became Cash!

[More of Cash HERE ]

And here are some group shots, just because ;]

[/url]

Before I had Ichi, Koda, and Cash, I had a baby girl. Her name was Xhioulyn. I walked into the store looking for a friend for Fenris. I had my eye on a little sable guy that wasnt fully grown, but still wasnt a baby. When I walked in, the little guy I had planned to get was gone, and in his place was a small (and i mean SMALL ) black fert with a white face. My heart lept and I asked if I could hold her. Once I had her in my hands, I couldn't put her down... I paid for her on the spot and took her home. I brought her to petsmart to pick out a bed for her (i got her from a little pet store, they didnt have much by way of hammocks or beds ) and the lady in there gushed over her... but noticed she wasn't responding to any of the loud noises in the store.. We figured out she was stone cold deaf. The lady brought another lady over.. She loved her too. Said she was one of the cutest she'd seen in a long time. Told me she was a DEW as well. I didnt even notice her eyes were a dark dark ruby red. Till that point, they looked black to me. She grew and quickly became Fen's best friend. In October of 2006, my little Xhioulyn fell off her ramp to the first floor. She couldn't walk. Fenris rushed down to be with her. My mother and father were home, and immediately rushed her to the vet hospital. They gave her some meds, and sent her to ferret doctor. Within 2 days of her being there, and tests being run, he realized it was a disease that was becoming more apparent in younger ferrets. They knew little about it. He gave her meds and kept her over night. The next day, she was hopping around and being her ball of trouble self. The doc said that she could go home if we kept a close eye on her. Of course, we took her home. Fenris and I both missed her. She went back to the DR the next day to be checked, and he found her to be in much better health. She was acting much better also. She was happy to be home. On Oct. 13th, 2006, Xhioulyn was having trouble drinking. We took out anything that would hinder her getting to her food and water, and waited till the vet was in his office. Within the hour, we checked on her and fenris. They were laying in there bed, fen curled up around Xhiou. We noticed something was not right with her. My mother reached in and litterly had to pull Fen away. He didn't want to move. Xhioulyn had passed away. He knew it and wouldn't leave her side. We donated her body to the research of this illness so that she may help to aid other families not to lose their fuzzies like we lost our little girl. She was a wonderful little one, and all the good and happiness she brought us balanced out all the mischief she caused. She was Fen's best friend. And she is missed... very VERY much.

Xhiou the day I got her

Xhiou at about 1.5 yrs old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Guarded by Waffles

EEEEEEE how cute!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!! =]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 PM

They are gorgeous! Your story about Xhiou is very sad, she looks like she was very special. We have two white ferrets and my boyfriend would be devastated if anything happened to them, despite them both being utter rascals he loves them to pieces!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar View Post
They are gorgeous! Your story about Xhiou is very sad, she looks like she was very special. We have two white ferrets and my boyfriend would be devastated if anything happened to them, despite them both being utter rascals he loves them to pieces!
Thanks!

She was pretty great, even though she was a world of trouble. She once got into the vents of the house and being deaf, I had no idea how to get her out, since calling her name wouldn't work. I had to bang on the inside of the vent till she went to check out what the vibration was all about.. Then we played "Catch my head" for about 25 minutes. Every time I reached for her, she ducked back into the vent. I have NO idea how she got the cover off to this day. She was too smart for her own good. Was always the one that started the trouble, Fen just kinda went along with it. It was never a dull moment with her around.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww...your babies are so cute.I really like Cash.I always find the white ferrets a little cuter!!
I am sorry about Xhiou.Poor baby.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Awww...your babies are so cute.I really like Cash.I always find the white ferrets a little cuter!!
I am sorry about Xhiou.Poor baby.
Cash is a sweetheart. I don't play favorites, but my favorite will always be Fenris. He's the oldest, and my baby. He knows it, and so do the other guys. I play with them all the same, but when it's time for Fenris to calm down, he'll crawl into my lap, and won't let the other boys on my lap at all. Cash is quite the little dude. They all are.. They all have such big personalities It's great.