just a small update on Mojo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

just a small update on Mojo

Not that it is important to anyone here... but I got the results back from the vet & the tumor was indeed a chordoma as I thought & thankfully it was benign (non-cancerous). From what the lab stated in their report it also looks as though the vet did indeed get all of the infected tissue out as well.

Her tail is healing very nicely & she gets the stitches out toward the end of the week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

So glad to hear it was benign, Kay!! How's Mojo feeling?

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

She seems to be doing very well. I kept her isolated the first couple days to make sure she wasn't going to mess with the stitches & was eating & drinking still.
You would never know by the way she acts that she even went through surgery. It just seems funny to see her hold her tail high in the air rather than drag it on the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 AM
FourFerrets

Well thanks to you fstybrat, we now have a pretty good idea what our 2nd ferret has in her tail. The lump is still very small, but increasing quite quickly these past few weeks. We'll have her into the vet as soon as possible for removal.
This makes us very sad, because Tweek already has a very short, crooked ugly tail from birth. We beleive her mother may have taken part of it when she was a Kit.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

FourFerrets,
Mojo's tail has healed wonderfully! Her tail doesn't even look that short. If you catch it now they won't need to remove as much of the tail. Good Luck & welcome to PT btw! tell me about your babies! any pictures??
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Kay that is great news!!! *and what do mean it's not important to anyone here* You should know we love hearing updates specially about the ones that were sick, injured or went through surgery........Shame Shame Shame on you just teasing ya

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

don't mind me Kim... I was being a snot that day & was a little down ... I know you guys care
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

we do care! i'm so glad that mojo is doing so much better!

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

It's so nice to see good news...even if it takes bad news to make it sound good

Happy to hear the baby is healing up nicely And that mommy isn't "snotty" today A lot of ppl care and I think that shines on these forums

- Deb

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

: we do care! I bet she doesnt even notice that her tail is shorter...

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9101
I bet she doesnt even notice that her tail is shorter...
You're 100% right! In fact it healed so well that she took out her own stitches! lol (no really I was supposed to take her back in to have the stitches taken out & the fell out on their own! It doesn't even look like she had anything done... I'll take a picture this weekend after I fix their cage (making some modifications to the expansion).

I would honestly say to anyone facing this kind of situation, " don't be a basket case like I was... everything was very smooth & quick & recovery time was remarkable!" This was the first surgery I have ever had to face with any of my pets, and although with any small animal there are always risks involved the experience was a good one... both for me & for Mojo.

You guys are all the greatest! Thanks for being there for me when I needed ya!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

excuse me Kay but we do care!!!!!!! We don't all have ferrets and can't share in all your ferret stories but I love hearing about your babies!!!! I'm so glad Mojo's surgery went smoothly for you. Don't ever be snotty again ok!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
Don't ever be snotty again ok!!
aww you're now fun Carmen!

I'll be a good girl...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Good to hear it Kay!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face Re Mojo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrat
Not that it is important to anyone here... but I got the results back from the vet & the tumor was indeed a chordoma as I thought & thankfully it was benign (non-cancerous). From what the lab stated in their report it also looks as though the vet did indeed get all of the infected tissue out as well.

Her tail is healing very nicely & she gets the stitches out toward the end of the week
All animals are important to me! I am glad your ferret is ok! Keep us informed and tell us when the stitches have been taken out..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Tags
adrenal disease