Litter Training - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, i figured you were going to mention the fact that because it is pine that there might be aromatics but i have read several statements including on the package that they process it with high temps so there shouldn't be any chemicals.

Anyway i got my ferrets moved completely over to the ferret pine and i'm loving it. I love smelling pine in the living room. Also, i'm getting amazed by the fact of the pine breaking down into sawdust when its touching ammonia and then no smell. Only problem i have is that it doesn't smell like a litter box anymore so the ferrets tried to play in it a few times even with poop in there. Only seemed to happen once so i try to keep a little more poop in there now but scattered so they don't think its a fun box.

I think it is definately better than the clay litter i was using, plus lighter, no smell or very little and better on the environment. I'll stick to it for a while to see if i really like it but i think i will. I'm about to throw out all my old litter because i don't want to use it now. I thought about trying Yesterday's News so many times but i have heard that it doesn't control odor at all so thats what made me move over quickly to Feline Pine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 05:29 PM

undefinedundefined
I use yesterday's news and I have no problem with odor. I do have a problem with the waste. When I clean her litter box its hard just to scoop the 'used' stuff and I usually throw out the good stuff too. I haven't figured a way to fix that yet, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Tags
box trained, feline pine, litter box, litter boxes, litter pan, litter train, litter trained, litter training, potty train, potty training, wood stove pellets