lumps - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
User Is No Longer Welcome

Unhappy lumps

Snuggles has two lumps on each side of her neck right above her shoulders. I can remember noticeing something like this when she was younger but they went away. I just noticed these today so maybe they will go away too. I don't think it's lymphoma or lymphosarcoma cuz she isn't showing any other signs. She eats like a pig, poops fine, and still plays like normal. Could it just be fat? Or muscle? She's a stalky, pudgy little girl. I am kind of worried, if it is something serious I don't know if I can handle that. I am getting another ferret in just a few hours, I am adopting him from a guy an hour from here. I can't afford a sick fuzzy, eekk. Any help or suggestions would be awesome.

~Heather~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I would call your vet... is it possible she got into something & has a blockage in her esophagus? if not it could be muscle spasms or tumors of some sort. To be on the safe side The vet would most likely want to take an xray to make sure it isn't life threatening.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i am going to give it a few days and see what happens. She had it before when she was younger and it went away. My friend suggested an absess from rough housing, those go away. I don't think she's deathly ill cuz she's fine in all other aspects. But, if it doesn't go away I will bring her to the vet. I don't think it's a blockage in her asophogus (sp?) because she's breathing and eating and drinking just fine. And it's like on the outside right under the fur, like muscles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Adolescent Pup

I would take her to the vet and have it looked at. There may be an underlying problem. I would not wait till she is showing signs of being "deathly ill"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 07:00 AM

I agree with Glidertales.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

I'm not going to wait til "deathly ill" just for some more signs or for it to go down. Now, this morning, I don't feel them on her.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 11:18 PM

I would definitely keep an eye on her. Maybe take her to the vet just to be on the safe side. They were probably swollen lymph nodes, which can be due to lymphosarcoma/lymphoma(and there does not necessarily have to be other signs...in some ferrets that is the *only* sign). Or they can be swollen due to an underlying infection.
How old is she?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

They seem to be gone now, there's nothing that I can feel or see like before. She just turned a year last month
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 12:15 PM

Good to hear they're gone, but keep an eye on them nonetheless. This is something that she has had before, so it needs to be watched, maybe even brought to the attention of your vet. *If* they crop up again, have your vet biopsy one of the lumps...maybe even have a CBC done