nope, not being paranoid at all. Since she is shedding, it could very well be a hairball or she may have fur caught in her throat. I would give her some hairball laxative and see if that helps any. Give her about 3/4" - 1" daily. But still take her to the vet to rule out other things and make sure any fur she may have ingested hasn't become a full fledged hairball already. Also, try brushing her daily (or "plucking") to get all the dead, loose fur that she's shedding out. This will help reduce the chances of her ingesting the fur while grooming, playing, eating, etc.