Male and female ferrets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Male and female ferrets

I am thinking of getting some ferrets but I know nothing about them. I understand a weasel is in the ferret family, but what is the difference? Also, if you get a male and female ferret, how quickly do they try to breed and what is the gestation period? I am not necessarily wanting to breed them, but would like the means necessary at some point - maybe.

How big of a litter do they usually have?
Any info would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Hello Earthling

I don;t have any ferrets but I do know that usually ferrets always come fixed (female can die if she doesn't breed) you should have no worries with housing a male and a female.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Part of the Pack

i think ferrets only have one litter a year, and after the female is in heat she could get all infected if she isnt spayed or mated. i think most boys come (or should come! imo) neutered because they stink and the lack of hormones. that's in pet shops anyway. i think most breeders wont spay or neuter their ferrets.

ferrets seem like awesome pets though, they're like cats that swollowed slinkies to me! if you're not in a city you could probably earn brownie points with the people in your area by going rabbiting. they love it! they like going for walks on a lead as well. a lady just down the road from me breeds ferrets. you should see her walking her ferrets, it's possibly the most hilarious thing i have ever seen, like 30 odd ferrets on leads along the beach, it's like waves of ferrets lmao.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Cheryl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pets name: Kimberley

Babies:
rats: girls:belle, beauty and sweetness Boys: ronnie and oscar
Dogs: Cassie, Jazzmin and Buddy
Cat: Pebbles
Hamster: Skye
gerbils: Tremor and Sparkle
quails
chickens
9 ducks
3 guinea fowl

R.I.P. Cheryl & Kim
:, scabbyquail