meet henry - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

meet henry

my ferret henry.

He is spoiled rotten and on a raw diet due to almost starving on a kibble diet so i raise his feeder animals and all are dead before he ever gets to them. I may feed raw but feeding live just turns my stomache.
I hope to interact and find lots of information here

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM

What brands of kibble did you try. I remember my Gunny was very picky. Let me hear what brands you tried. I know that it was hard to find a right quality food but if you want to try kibble I can help. If what your doing works, then stick with it. I know the book ferrets for dummies helped me a lot when I first got Gunny. How many ferrets do you have?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I only have henry right now. We may be getting another soon but i havent found the right match yet for our family. I am loving the results of the raw diet He is actually the healthiest he has ever been. And his coat is changing to a lighter color and just seems to be healthier looking. And since the switch if he is hungry and i am not fast enough with his food he will throw his bowl around his cage and chew on it until i fill it with his meat. It is cute to watch. He also climbs out of his cage when i open it to put the food in and eats as i am filling the bowl and as i put it in the cage.

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Well when you do find another it will take a lot of time and patience to introduce each other. If you need help let me know. I have only had one ferret, but I've researched a lot. It all depends on the ferrets though on how they are going to mesh. And I'm glad the diet works well!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

we will be getting a ferret nation 142 before i get a second ferret so i can use the cage he is in now to house the new ferret and do a slow introduction with them if i get another. either way i am getting a fn142 soon

"E"
wife to "G" 9/07
Mama to
"A" 6/07
"D" 3/09
And tons of fur babies

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM

Well then I think you are doing fine. Good luck finding henry a mate and if you ever need help with anything let me know! I only had one but I read all I could find to make sure she was happy! I thought she was too old to find a buddy since she had been alone for so long. She did fine though. When I let her out she would play with the cat so I didn't think she was missing anything. Good luck!