Meet Vince. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Meet Vince.

So, another member to my family!

Me and my mum were filling the horses haynets a week or 2 before christmas, and we heard rustling in the skip. My mum looked and a little animal popped his head out. Well, we got it, and it was a Ferret!

He's my baby <3 His name is Vince. He's a lovely little guy and loves cuddles. He's quite a character too.

Pics

~ Tralissa Andalusians Stud ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:20 AM

awww!! what a sweet lil face
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww he's adorable! and you just found him???? how wierd! you're so lucky!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yeah, it's the second time we have found one, haha.

The first one was an albino type one, before we moved here and building was going on. We kept it in a hutch in the garage, then a week later, some kid's set fire to our garage and he died from smoke inhilation I miss Sammy too, he was a playful boy. I used to have a ferret called Jynx in my old house too, a friend gave her to us, and I remember us having to give her to my mums friend before we moved, as we thought she'd be best off with him.

I'm thinking of getting another ferret, to keep Vince company, and getting a female... They will breed lol, but if I get a Male, I think their going to fight. I will read up on it though.

Thanks for the comments

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up

I think that is one of the sweetest stories of ferrets I have ever heard......it's wonderful for you.....and a miracle for him I'm sure of that....... a lady down the road told me she "set her ferret free last year" how awful....some people suck....but I have actually seen this baby...tryed to catch him many,many, times. I set up live traps in the area where I had seen him(no luck) then I left a small wooden hut w/ straw in it and my ferrets food in a gravity feeder.......came back to check it out and no food left and ferret size hole in straw(I use blankets for my baby but didn't want it to rain and get wet so I used straw)and poo in the corner of box.......but no ferret....I have came back many times different times of day and night .....same sitution....... any suggestions or tricks to catch this little orphan? Even though I can't get him I still feed, change straw, and clean poo once a week.....I don't know how he has made it this long......Busy road,dogs,cats,ect., Since your a pro at catching these little babies any help would be helpful......
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Haha, aww thankyou

Well, he was in the huge skip, and just there staring at me. I walked up to him, and he just stayed there. I didn't want to reach out and get him, because of my fear of being bitten. But I got some heavy duty gloves and a catbox. I put lot's of straw in there, and just waited for him to go in. He kept trying to sniff my hand though. He must have been living on the rat's, haha. He seems very tame though, but I havn't got a clue how he got here... because I'm in the middle of nowhere :/

Hmm... That must be a really annoying situation you are in :/ I really don't know what you could do, except tie string to the door of the cage, and wait for a while for the ferret to go in, hide behind something, and when he goes in, pull the string to shut it, haha. It could work, you never know XD

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats! He is a cute little guy!!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Here's a stupid question for you... Are there wild ferrets or do people just turn them loose? And shame on those people for turning them out. Do they know how easy it is to find homes for those little guys! Anyone would love a free ferret. Just take a walk through a pet store one day with one and start talking to people around the ferret cage and let people know it is free. I guarantee you wouldn't walk out of that store with ferret in hand. It's that simple.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He is a cutie!

Lve Never Fails

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Guarded by Waffles

what a cutie!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
Here's a stupid question for you... Are there wild ferrets or do people just turn them loose? And shame on those people for turning them out. Do they know how easy it is to find homes for those little guys! Anyone would love a free ferret. Just take a walk through a pet store one day with one and start talking to people around the ferret cage and let people know it is free. I guarantee you wouldn't walk out of that store with ferret in hand. It's that simple.
Haha, I really don't have a clue. I don't think any people around here would like to own ferrets, or can't, simply because they havn't got anywhere to keep it. I really don't know how it got on my property I am not sure if there are wild ferrets though. He seems pretty tame though 0_0 We let him run around now, and he's a great little guy. I don't know how anyone could let him go, I simply can't, I love him too much, haha.

And thankyou all for the comments!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Guarded by Waffles

There are wild ferrets called Black Footed Ferrets. They are not domestic ferrets. The domestic ferrets can't survive in the wild because they just don't know how to take care of themselves...at least I think that's what it said in my Ferrets for Dummies book. Lemme see if I can find a picture of a black footed ferret

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Guarded by Waffles

http://ferretsinthesun.silvernexus.c...oward-the-wild

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Guarded by Waffles

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...8e2d8&ei=UTF-8

its not extinct in the us

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:59 AM

Yes you are right about the Black Footed Ferret, I live in KY, at the Louisville they have an exhinit(can't spell) where rehabiliate them and put them back in the prarie(they eat prarie dogs). Because they were endangered here, now they are thriving. Our family have seen this part of zoo many times, its really cool to watch them.............Of course I'm a dork.......lOL

Tags
pet store