More Ferret Pics :) - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

lol, since I do all the cages in my house, hubby is supposed to take out the trash... now if only he'd remember! (I think I should make a schedule for him!)

Set days are good, very good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 01:35 AM
ferret_frenzy

Navy they are gorgeous! I love the pictures. Just something else I wanted to add about litter. You can use rabbit pellets as litter, and they absorb really well, the odor will still be there though, but I change out my litter pan just about everyday. My furkids are out of there cage from about 10 am till about 8 pm everyday.

Another good litter is Wood stove pellets, which I am gonna start using very soon. Both of these litters are cheaper than other litters I have found. Corn cob bedding can sometimes carry mites, which can cause severe itching for any pet, and would need to be seen by the vet.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info on the bedding Ferret_Frenzy, unfortunately ours aren't out as much during the day, they get let out several hours in the evening when hubby gets home, I would love to have them out more during the day, but our dogs are indoor dogs and one of them looks at all our animals except the cats as LUNCH, lol.... so it is much easier for me to let them out when hubby is home and can help with the Fuzzies Until we can come up with a better system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:10 PM
ferret_frenzy

I would think those several hours in the evening would be good enough for them. Better than them not getting anytime out at all. They all are beautiful!

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Janie,
I too heard that wood stove pellets are good, I have never tried them though. As for the corn cob litter & mites??? I never knew that! I guess I can say though that luckily I have not had that problem (and hope I never do!)
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:51 PM
ferret_frenzy

Yeah, awhile ago one of my chinchilla friends was using corn cob bedding, so we did a little research on it, and found out that there is that chance. Mites are more prone to hang around this just because it is corn. Not all of this bedding will carry it, just a chance. There was one episode where corn cob bedding was infested with mites.

The wood stove pellets can be found at lowes or home depot, so I am thinking I may be going out to find it this weekend. Spose to be about $4.00 for a 30 lb bad. So that is not bad.

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Wow that isn't bad at all, I'm definitely going to have to check that out myself, maybe the fuzzies will make less of a mess with it too but somehow I doubt it, lol
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:18 AM
ferret_frenzy

Well we can only hope that they wouldn't play it in! LOL

Tags
cage cleaning, corn cob, corn cob bedding, dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, level cage, litter pan, pet store, pine shavings, rabbit pellets, wood stove pellets