More Ferret Pics :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

More Ferret Pics :)

Hi all just took some more pictures, between last night and tonight, thought I would share a few of Mackey,Mookie and Meesha (formally known as Nakita) we changed her name

Meesha and Mackey in the hammock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Meesha and Mookie

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Meesha playing with a feather that you can't see in the pictue, doesn't she just look silly, lol

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mackey getting curious

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Mountain Dew Mookie he played with that bottle forever and ever

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Last but not Least....Mookie playing with the Feather

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 05:33 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I've always thought ferrets were cute but don't have much in the way of experience with them. Good looking group you have there! Do you have a room for your warm fuzzies or are they stashed in different places around the house?

I started out with my birds in the same room, but they got moved to the bedroom when we remodeled the kitchen. Henry hates to be anywhere else but in here now. He was a lot of company to me when I had both the blood clot and when I fell. He really wanted to go after the visiting nurse when I had the clot!

I bet cage cleaning is an all day affair at your house!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 06:27 AM

Good looking group....
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Actually it's kind of funny Critter...... We have designated days for the Cavie and Chinnie Cages (every 3 days) and that takes all of like 30 minutes with both hubby and myself doing it together. The Degus cage gets cleaned out once a week seeing it's just the 2 of them. As for the Ferrets well their cage is usually cleaned out every other day (the little messy buggers) lol.... So really not much work around here, it is all in keeping a schedule I have a schedule for what snacks on what days, what veggies/fruits on what days for the cavies and degus. Again lol it's all about having a schedule, it works great for us, and we can honestly say it doesn't seem like we have as many as we do. As for housing, well we have a smaller room directly connected to our bedroom almost like a HUGE walk in closet or baby/childs room. That room is for the Cavies,Chinnies and the Degus, and the Ferrets stay in the 2nd bedroom/office. When the Chinnies get let out at night, so do the piggie boys they love to play together, and about that same time hubby is usually in the office romping with the Ferrets, lol...... Well I think that about covers it all.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Navy they are beautiful fuzzies! Ferrets are so much fun!

Just curious, what do you use for litter in the bottom of their cage or potty pan?
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well for the bottom underneath the cage we place some of the kiln dried pine (they can't get to it) that is just to absorb whatever doesn't make it into the litter pans. As for litter right now we are using regular dust free cat litter, that we use for our cat boxes. We were told it was okay to use that, however we use very very small amounts of litter, because the 2 boys like to play in it and make a mess, so we are forever cleaning their pans on a daily basis.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

is there a grate at the bottom of the cage that keeps them from getting to the pine shavings? (My cage doesn't have that )

I used to use cat litter too until I got Snoopy. I plays in it and the litter would make his fur gritty, dusty and durty feeling. Now I use corn cob litter. you can find this at a pet store as well (I get mine from a farm feed store though because it is cheaper there)
The corn cob litter not only keeps the ferts cleaner but it seems to absorb the order better too?

here is a picture of snoopy that I took so you can kinda see the litter I'm talking about:
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Snoopy is adorable. Yes our cage has a grit at the bottom of it, it is one of those larger 2 level cages usually sold at pet store with a Ferret Starter Kit for lik $99 however we had everything already so the manager took $50 off (WooHoo)

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Good old military organizational skills!!

You're right about the schedules, though - in my opinion, anyway. My biggest problem is that I forget when we're supposed to put out our garbage so it doesn't always get done on the days it should.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

@ Critter I know the feeling well, that is why they schedules are taped to the wall next to each cage, HaHaHa

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Tags
cage cleaning, corn cob, corn cob bedding, dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, level cage, litter pan, pet store, pine shavings, rabbit pellets, wood stove pellets