my Mojo - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 01:32 PM

I am sure everything will be fine and when you pick her up tonight please give her a big hug and a kiss from me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

She's out of surgery!!

She is still groggy right now but so far recovering well. There was minimal bleeding also so they feel she will heal rather quickly from it. The tumor is wrapped up & ready to go to pathology for testing & I should know something by the middle to end of next week. I can pick her up about 5:30!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:02 PM

Hurray! Good for you! I'm glad she's gonna be okay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 06:38 PM

I haven't checked in for awhile, but I'm sorry to hear about your little one. How did everything go?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Well... here she was this morning as we were leaving for the vet... I felt so sorry for her:

and this is post surgery:

She can actually hold her tail up now!!

She is still really sleepy & I am constantly checking on her but so far she is doing good. She is not messing with the stitches yet (hopefully she doesn't) and I have her isolated from the other 3 so they don't mess with them either. When I did the modification of their cage I left all the original doors on the first cage & just added onto the cage, I am very thankful I did that now because all I had to do was close those side doors & she has a cage of her own! That way she is still with the others but not able to physically get at them.

I have to give her a 1cc does of pain med once a day for 5 days & take her back in a week to get the stitches out. I understand vets have to offset their costs but don't understand why such a simple surgery for such a small animal costs so much more than a more comlicated surgery for a larger animal does?? Either way I was not disputing anything as her life was worth it... but 540.00 seems like an awful lot when you don't expect it to be that much.
All in all I know I did the right thing & my baby will feel better

I'll keep you updates as to her progress though & Thanks everyone that gave me their support
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:58 PM

That does seem like a lot. My dental cleaning for my 70lb dog, with a tooth extraction and nail trim and their lyme vaccine booster came to half of that, and my vet is not cheap!

But look at her wittle face I would pay it too. She will always be my favorwit wittle fewwet .
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Dena she was full of lots of kisses this morning & when I picked her up she even found enough strength to open her eyes & lick my nose ... how could I not love her?!? she is the ONLY one of the girls who will allow my to cuddle with them.

I can't wait for her to recover though & go back with the others... Tigger (her play mate) & Snoopy are pouting cause they can't get at her!!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I just wanted to take a quick minute to let you know that Mojo is back with the other 3 brats... her tail so far is healing really good! There is no pussing, oozing or redness either so that is a good thing! Luckliy she hasn't mess with the stitches at all either & neither have the others. No change in eating drinking or defication as well
She still has 2 more nights of pain meds to go through & gets her stitches out early next week.

I won't hear of the results from pathology till near the end of the week though so we aren't 100% in the clear yet, but I am remaining hopeful!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I am so glad to hear she is doing so well!!!!!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
cage cleaning, litter box