my Mojo - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Unhappy my Mojo

Tomorrow morning I will be bringing Mojo into the vet. She has developed a tumor on the end of her tail called a chordoma. I know to remove it surgery has to be done, & I read elsewhere that the only way to completely get rid of the chordoma is to get rid of the tail. She also appears to be losing weight & sleeps much more than she used to, which I know is very common as a ferret gets older. She was rescued from a dog shelter that had no knowledge of ferrets so I do not know her full background history, just that they "say" she was about 2-3 years old when I got her about a year or so ago. I believe she is older than that though; judging by her teeth I would guess her to be at least 5 maybe even 6??

Anyway I believe in addition to the tumor there are some other underlying health issues going on with her, causing seedy & frequent poo and she goes whereever she wants rather just in the designated bathroom area. weak bowels maybe?? I don't know but she will be seen tomorrow & hopefully I will have some more answers. I hope I am not wrong, but I am beginning to think her time is near

I'll let you know what I find out (if anything) after work tomorrow. Just please keep her in your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

You'll both be in my prayers, Kay.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I hope your ferret is okay. You'll be in my thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Kay, I'm so sorry to hear about Mojo...... Please know your both in our thoughts and prayers and please keep us updated hun

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I hope the little girl is okay...maybe the tumor is just making her ill and removing it will make her better. Yall will be in my prayers.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thanks guys

Yanno I really get frustrated with her using every shelf she can as a litter box, but she reminded me tonight that she is my baby. I am absolutely not allowed to leave her site. I hade the brat pack out tonight for cage cleaning & nail clippings & everywhere I went she was right on my heels (litterally) and if I stopped she would stom & lay right at my feet. I decided since she is the most cooperative it was time to get out the camera to take pictures of her tail:

Here you can sorta see from a distance the size of this lump versus the rest of her tail -

I went down the hallway to put their bedding in the washer since she decided to soil them AGAIN... and as I said I can't leave her site, we have a baby gate we put up in the hallway when they are out & when I came back down the hallway here she was:

walking around the house she is always right on my heels:

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I love this picture, she looks so sweet & innocent

and this one she wanted to cuddle with daddy who was sleeping:

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

What a cute ferret! I really hope she's okay.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awwww. She sounds like a real sweetie. I hope she comes through everything ok.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

What color is she? She's a cutie. I hope she gets better.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

She's a light silver mit
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweeee bless her little heart

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

She's at the vets now... will be having surgery this afternoon between 12-2. They don't have to dock the whole tail, only the tip with the chondroma & 2 vertibrates up beyond that. If all goes well they will be calling me to pick her up around 6pm tonight.

This is the first time I have had to have such a small animal anesthitised Of course I am now worried about her... I was full of questions and they assured me that while they have not done this exact surgery they have removed many tumors from small animals very successfully. I thought chondromas were relatively common, but in over 15 years of practice this is the first one my vet has seen.

Please say a prayer she makes it through surgery this afternoon & recovers easily from the anesthesia.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Kay our prayers are with you and Mojo and may the little angel be blessed that she recovers and heals just fine

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She & you are in my thoughts

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

Tags
cage cleaning, litter box