New Ferret Mommy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

New Ferret Mommy

Hi all.

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Livia. I am a married mother of 4 Human Children and 5 FurBabies ( 2 being ferrets ). I recently adopted a neutered and descented male ferret, I believe he is a Cinnamon coloration and is about 1 1/2 yrs old. His name is Gumby and was kinda skinny and his fur was very thin, in the month I've had him he has gained some weight and his fur is nice and full and he seems very happy. I adopted Gumby from our local Classifieds.

Yesterday I adopted My little girl Ferret, Pokey. I adopted her from the animal shelter and well whoever had her before should be ashamed of themselves. Pokey was extremely filthy,extremely skinny ( you can feel every bone in her body ) her nails were extremely ovegrown and when you pet her she gets frightened as if she has been beaten before. I brought her home yesterday afternoon , gave her a nice warm bubble bath, spritzed her with "perfume" clipped her nails and fed her. I introduced her to Gumby and immediately they started "dancing" and playing. She is also content to just sit in my lap and sleep.

These are my first Ferrets ever and I'm sooo glad I got them they are tons and tons of fun! They are excellent with my kids ( youngest is 4yrs ). Gumby is litter trained but Pokey isnt but thats ok she will learn. Like I told my husband from this day forward she will be treated like the princess she deserves to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement