Odor? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Guarded by Waffles

Mine isn't that nice but for one ferret she seems to like it. I know that we should have two or more but she has been alone for 4-6 years (we don't know her age) and we can't afford a second ferret nor do I think she would enjoy it. She gets along great with our cat and they play just like she would with another ferret. It is so cute because the cat is so gentle

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 04:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Fez,I love your ferret's home!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Ohh I'm sorry, I should have specified ;(. That actually isn't my cage. My current cage is kind of "blocked" by all the hanging hammocks and sleep cubes so it'd be really hard to see inside hahaha. That's another person's cage who I thought set it up really well . Sorry for the confusion. Mine is kind of similiar but the cage is a little smaller and I don't have such a crazy taste in bedding fabric .

For the most part, my ferrets do nothing but sleep in their cage because I check on them quite often to see if they're awake and ready to roam.

Oh btw christine, that's just fine. Ferrets are actually animals which can do just fine alone. Their wild cousin, the European polecat, is a solitary animal that only comes out to meet others for mating. A few people say otherwise...but they get along with cats, especially(as your pics have shown) very well. Humans too, so they don't get lonely =].

Last edited by Turkeyman; 11-30-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 AM

i think you get used to the "odor" i never really noticed an odor when i got tinker though. i don't know if the age they were descented matters or not, tinker is a marshall ferret, and they do their descenting at around 7 weeks. but if you keep up on the litter, and the bedding, and wash their "bed" often i really don't notice a smell.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
RAT ADDICT

What is the difference between a "Marshall's" ferret and a normal? Or is there? I don't know like nothing bout them.Are there many breeds or varities of ferrets?

* Lisa *

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Title Thief Victim

I duno..but that ferret cage is the one i just bought! but it was missing 4 parts so im waiting for them to come so i can set it up!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Marshall is the most popular breeder of ferrets in America. They're based in NY -- and almost everywhere you find ferrets...the petstore probably got them from Marshall. They just mass produce ferrets.

Now, Marshall breederies aren't angels either -- they're also known to sell ferrets for animal experimentation =[. The distinctive mark of a Marshall's ferret is two little tattooed marks on their ear. One signifies desexing, and one descenting.

There is another up and coming breeder out there called Path Valley. I heard Petco is sooon going to switch from Marshall's ferrets to Path Valley ferrets...but we'll see how that goes.

There aren't really individual breeds of ferrets...just different colors. All are the same in body type...though some colors can carry with them defective genes. There's one "sub-breed" of ferrets called angora ferrets...but they're just ferrets with scruffy hair.

Okay I'm done
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 12:16 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thanks for clearing that up.

That picture is absoulutly adorable!Is that an angora ferret?

* Lisa *

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 AM

yes indeed
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 AM

thanks for all the pics your ferrit is so cute i just wanna squish him

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, litter train, litter trained, pet store, pet stores, sugar glider, sugar gliders