Pics of Ferret Room - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Ah yes beautiful idea, believe it or not I put a similar idea into effect a little after I took this pic. I'm using 8 blankets now...one draped over each entrance -- since there's four entrances on the very bottom level(front, back, left right) and four entrances on the second level, right on top of the lower level entrances. Each has a blanket draped over it and its sides, so it covers just about all the wiring on the gym. I'd take pics but I have an exam tomorrow ;[].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
laugh often

That's really neat. You have cute ferrets too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:19 PM

I like koopas colors they are pretty
one of my ferrets has real short legs its wierd
cause my other one has long leggs lol
they are cute
I love the white finger tips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

They are really adorable. Do they all live together? Are they fixed?

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathydip
They are really adorable. Do they all live together? Are they fixed?
Yeap, ferrets from petstores always come fixed. It's actually more difficult to find a whole ferret than it is to find a fixed one. Females can actually die if they don't mate before 6 months of age, so it's absolutely necessary to fix them =].
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
laugh often

wow that's an intresting fact why do you know why they would they die?

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

"Sustained sexual heat is dangerous and life-threatening because it usually results in bone marrow suppression. This results in severe anemia and decreases in the number of circulating white blood cells. Because of this likelihood, any female ferret not intended for breeding should be sterilized (spayed or ovariohysterectomized) at 6-8 months of age. Female ferrets in heat can be taken out of heat within about 3 weeks by injection of a specific hormone after the first 10 days of heat. Once out of heat, they can be spayed before they come back into heat (usually 40-50 days after administration of the hormone)."

Source: Ferrets

Basically, they lose the ability to produce adequate numbers of red and white blood cells. They don't produce enough to carry oxygen to their tissues or to fight off infections, as well as other important things our blood cells do for us.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

wow, i just learned something cool!
btw, that is the coolest ferret room ever, what's that clear plastic stuff around the perimeters of the room, is that to prevent them from peeing there? also, love the mario bros names

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM

we need recent pix

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i agree to that!

i will hold you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

BAXTER- January 30, 2007

post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I will take some pics Monday night, I promise . Got an exam on Monday morning on renal/respiratory function and diseases and treatment AAHH!!

Skrat -- that stuff is just plastic carpet protector. I got it from Home Depot. I think it's mainly used by painters to protect the carpet, but I use it because ferrets do their business in corners(most of the time.) They're very good about doing it on their newspaper or corner litter boxes, but they miss about 1/10 or 1/15 times. The plastic will catch it .

Oh I have a horrible story too bahahhaha. So a couple of months ago I got REALLY drunk at my place with some friends...I guess I got a little crazy and started parading around with the Jack Daniels bottle and eventually just drank the whole thing. Since I can drink like 10-15 beers with no hangover the next morning, I kind of thought I was invincible to alcohol...not the case . The puking feeling started coming and my last coherent senses told me "FERRET ROOM!" Luckily my ferrets were not at the apartment at this time since I was still moving in -- the ferrets came last. Anyways...I puked all over the floor, but I used the last of my coordination to direct it only onto the carpet protector. That thing is a lifesaver, seriously. The next morning after waking up and puking my brains out a little more, I took my trusty knife and simply cut away the section of carpet protector I had puked on...and voila! Looks like it was never there! So yes...it even stands up to stomach acid! I just rolled out some more carpet protector and stuck it to the carpet(it has a sticky side) -- and all was well. The End.

edit: Oh I haven't drank since, and I don't think I'll ever drink again hahaha. Just socially when out to eat or at a gathering, but never to get drunk again lol.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 AM

glad you learned your lesson
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Will It Ever Change?

lol i think at some point we've all said "ohhhh i'm never drinking again" lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

i agree with mulder...lol...no screwdrivers for me..or straight up vodka...its been like half a year since that happened and i still get the gag reflex when i see that combo....

btw, that carpet protector thing sounds like a great idea, and not just for ferrets, i bet you could technically use that on all your other rodents...im surprised that the ferrets wouldnt try to get to it and chew it or something

i will hold you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

BAXTER- January 30, 2007

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

They were fascinated by it at first I guess...but I'm very lucky I don't have crazy ferrets. Then again I'm pretty strict with disciplining all my pets...I make sure to let them know who's boss. They do bad, they get a punishment(blowing in the face for rodents, scruffing for ferrets)...they do good, they get a reward(treat or a good scratching). They never really give me any trouble with digging at stuff. Most of the time they won't chew or anything(more of a rodent thing, but it happens), digging is normally their biggest problem. And of course if they do dig it up, just roll out some more and put it on.

I agree though, if I have a "rat room" in the future or something...it will be lined in this hahaha.

Tags
litter box, litter boxes