Possible Babies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Possible Babies

My ferret Savannah came into heat pretty quickly this go around. There wasn't enough time to plan ahead and take her to one of my friend's vasectomized hobs(and none of my boys have had that done yet *sigh*) Anyway, we put her with Rockefeller, who was more than happy to oblige, I might add After several hours of doing the "deed", I separated them. He was starting to tick her off anyway. If the breeding took, we may be seeing babies around June 9th. I may have to monitor her for a couple of days and if her vulva doesn't start shrinking(a sign that she's coming out of heat), then she'll have to be put back with Rocky again. She was supposed to be pregnant last summer, but we believed she either reabsorbed the litter or it was a very realistic false pregnancy. I'm thinking she reabsorbed because I could feel kits about a week or so before her due date. However, I'm not getting my hopes up as Rocky has a history of shooting blanks--he's been with 2 other girls belonging to someone I studded him out to, and neither got pregnant.
Sooo, if this breeding succeeded, we'll hopefully be seeing kits around June 9th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 10:42 PM

I hope he wasn't shooting blanks this time. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 11:57 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Hope she is fine and delivers babies for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Alena

oooooooooh! BABIES!!!
i hope it happens this time!!!!!!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

well, looks like Rocky's a blank shooter; no babies Savannah had a false pregnancy again. She blew her coat, nipples got big, and her belly got big...there was just nothing in it
Munchkin was with Xavier last week, so there's a baby possibility there, but I'll have to wait and see.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am sorry you didn't get the babies.Maybe with the other one you will have some.