Question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Angry Question

my ferret brownie has been using his litter box but recently he won't use it. can you give me some suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Have you changed anything in daily routine? Rearranged his cage at all?? Changed Litters?
There are several factors that could cause this... how old is he & how has his behavior been lately?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Flag question

he is 20 weeks old. no i haven't changed litters or anything but i have had to move his litter box to the corner that he has been using in order for him to use it. then he desides to go in another corner. i relly need help with this matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Playful Pup

There must be something wrong with the litter box/litter or the ferret. If you haven't changed anything then i would say maybe the litter box needs cleaning? Otherwise i would say there might be something wrong with your ferret, acting weird? poopies soft?

Maybe your ferret just couldn't make it that one time, has it happened several times? Have you tried doing the litter potty training again? Give him praise or a treat whenever he uses the bathroom and when he doesn't and you catch him, then quickly try to place him in the litter box.

Did you make sure you cleaned how the areas that he missed in with a good cleaner, so there isn't any smell leftover?

That is all i can think of at the moment. I had this problem twice, once was between the litter box needed cleaning. The second time was because i moved around their cage and they had accidents while they were playing, soon as i added a box where they were pooping, problem vanished.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

sometimes they are just stubborn... and believe me I KNOW how frustrating it is. One of my girls does the same thing & she is 4-5 years old. No matter how hard I try I can't get her to stop pooing on shelves, so what I had to do is get corner litter boxes & put one in each corner & tie blankies to the corner of the cage where the shelved are so the blankie covers the shelf. This seems to deter it alot.

Being that he is still young you may be able to break him of this by praising him intensely when he DOES use the box. They are stubborn little creatures & will inadvertantly do what they want, whether we like it or not. Try to be patient with him he will come around in time.

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, potty train, potty training