Quite worried about new baby ferret... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quite worried about new baby ferret...

I just got my first ferret at 9 this morning and she was doing great but when she sleeps she makes little grunting noises sometimes and moves around quite a bit in her sleep I have noticed. As a first time ferret mommy i am confused on wether or not this is normal for a young ferret. None of the ferret books I have mention anything about this at all. ? Please help. (Also right now, she is sleeping on her back...???)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

my friend had a ferret and said that it's fine for them to sleep on their backs. hers used to do it all the time.

also, it sounds like your ferret is just dreaming in her sleep.

congrats on your new baby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 03:18 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congrats on your new baby! I just got my very first three ferrets last week. They all sleep on their backs too, and every now and then, they twitch or act like they're running in their sleep...lol. Eli even makes a suckling motion with his mouth and Stitch licks sometimes when he's sleeping I'll look over and he's licking the air...Too cute...lol

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchris_28
Congrats on your new baby! I just got my very first three ferrets last week. They all sleep on their backs too, and every now and then, they twitch or act like they're running in their sleep...lol. Eli even makes a suckling motion with his mouth and Stitch licks sometimes when he's sleeping I'll look over and he's licking the air...Too cute...lol
HAHA! that is adorable! congrats on the new baby! i dony own ferrets (yet!) but i've had friends that did and it is perfectly normal for them to sleep on their backs and "snore". i find that with my hamsters, if you blow into their nose a tiny bit, they stop "snoring".
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 03:51 PM

I have owned 4 ferrets in the past they all slept on their back and twiched as if they were chasing something! Also don't be alarmed if you walk in there and she looks dead and it takes a bit to rouse her ferrets can be very deep sleepers I had heart attacks a couple time doing that! Also congrats on your new baby!! They are very fun curious little critters.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You only REALLY have to worry if they're stiff when you poke them... (oh, that's bad...lol)

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur