Scratching - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

Unhappy Scratching

Gunny has been scratching a lot lately. I have been giving her a supplement for her coat but its not working. Is there something that I don't know or should I just keep the vet appointment, well I'm going to keep it anyway but was hoping someone could give me a heads up on what could be wrong.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Where, or Where Could That Fairy Be?

I am guessing since you are in Texas that the weather is starting to change a bit later than it has here. We are already in the 30's, but when the cooler weather starts and when spring begins our Toffee scratches alot as she goes through her coat change. Has Gunny been losing hair too with the scratching?
It lasts a few weeks and then she's done with it. Also make sure you are giving a dose of ferretlax every few days to prevent hair blockages if shedding is going on.

I have been sent a Valentine

~Annie~ B.B.- cat, Toffee-ferret and RIP hedgehogs, Prickles, Pepper, Coconut and Nutmeg
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Guarded by Waffles

I haven't given her ferretlax but I don't think she is loosing hair. The vet said that it my be an adrenal tumor. We are monitoring her water to see. Hope its not. keep your fingers crossed

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Playful Pup

Have you changed her diet recently? If so, some animals become allergic to certain foods.

Birthday is March 5! Monday >w<

Our time here on Earth is spent trying to figure out our purpose in life and living it to itís fullest. Well, dogs already know how to do thatÖso they donít have to stay as long

Vet Tech to be
17 years old
Owner of: One dog and a Fish
I love wolves, I want to work with them as a Vet Tech. I have two wolves that I have adopted, Amani and Luna.

The wolf pup in my avatar was hand drawn and colored by myself. Please do not use her for any other purposes. If you would like me to draw something for you, or use her, you must ask first. Thank you. (She is copyrighted in various websites)