sorry stupid question.... i think - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:26 AM

People don't like "weasels" because they feel the animal will kill all the natural wildlife and damage the delicate balance of the ecosystem if they were to get loose. It's quite a dumb law...I really hope it is changed sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Title Fairy Was Here

I had never been a ferret fan so I didn't know about this law. Just realized, i saw a guy walking his ferret last week. Lol

3 cheers for pets!

I Have Been sent a Valentine!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My zoo contains:
Chelsea the Dog
Abby the Hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
who loves

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

I believe they dont allow ferrets because many people still believe they carry rabbies

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I hope this law changes because i would love to have a ferret one day .

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM

After reading this thread...I feel really stupid. I was born in Cali and never knew ferrets were illegal there...the funny part though...I know people that live there who own them. IMO it's a stupid law anyhow.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaHamster
Yep that's the same here where I live pet rats are illegal yet they still sell rat food and supplies. It's strange.
Where in Canada do live? I live in Canada and pet rats aren't illegal here in Ontario. I guess each province has it's own laws regarding pets.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Title Thief Victim

pepper spray is illigal to use here but you can buy it..WTH ? lol but if you look around there is always somthing that is illigal or that relates to somthing that is illigal that is being sold. lol it is strange ill agree

Carissasaurus Rex

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 AM

i guess i would just have to break the law
love my ferrets
ricky and bobby
one skinnnnnnny
one reaaaaaaaalllllll faaaatt
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Smile lol =]

lol me and you are on the same page here lmao!!! =]

<33
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 AM

i know a number of people in Cally that own ferrets. You can have them, but you have to spend a fortune on permits for them.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Yes,

Thats what i've hurd, You can own a ferret here but you have to buy it out of state and have it nuterd? then i've hurd that you need special papers for them. I asked an out of state vet about this and she pretty much bit my head off "You'd be breaking the law! You should researce a pet before you just buy one because you want one!" ... she wasn't my vet and I would never have her as a vet. eep is was scary.

My Kids:6
, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Tags
ferret food, pet rats, pet store, pet stores, rat food