Swollen Paw? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Swollen Paw?

Hi, new her, found this place while trying to find some info, and maybe someone here can help.

Ok, myself and my girlfriend(its hers to be specific but anyway) have a Ferret, she says hes about 2 and a half years old or so (I thought it was slightly more...) and his front left paw is swollen and red, and hes acting kinda lethargic, not entirely non-responsive, he'll try to get up and move around and stuff but is mostly trying to avoid walking on it, it looks like to me.

she thinks she noticed him limping a little or something a day or two ago, and being a little limp-y and lethargic last night, but his foot didn't seem to be swollen then (its pretty noticable)

aside from being unusually quiet and not moving around much he seems pretty attentive, (I wouldn't want to move around much with a foot swollen like that either) and he isn't resisting being touched OTHER than the foot.

we called his normal vet and... being halloween, they are closed. theres an emergency place that is probably open, but having dealt with them a couple months ago when he swallowed something, ... they don't really know anything about ferrets.

shes worried he might have broken it or something, I'm thinking maybe something more along the lines of a spider bite (we're in the midwest, no big spider infestation or anything, but spiders still exist)

is there anything we should try to look for to get more information in particular about what it might be?

would doting on him and trying to see the vet when they are open(which might not be til monday >_< ) or a more of a must-do-something-5-minutes-ago problem?

any ideas/suggestions would be greatly welcomed, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Guarded by Waffles

I would call a vet ASAP! I don't know what it is but a vet would know and that's the first place I would go because it could be serious

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.