There's hope for ferrets in CA! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

There's hope for ferrets in CA!

Well, I went to the party for the debate held at Cal Expo (the state fair grounds). I shook Maria Shriver's hand which was nice, but well, I really went there to get the skinny on Arnold. After Arnold's brief speech and watching Vladie DeVac (sp?), the Sacramento Kings forward, fall down on the runway, I decided that wasn't enough excitement.

I was wearing my shirt that says on the back "FERRET LOVERS UNITE" in an arch around a big ferret, then below the ferret it reads "ELECT ARNOLD," then in smaller print "RECALL DAVIS, ELECT SCHWARZENEGGER."

I have certain "privileges" at Cal Expo, so I park in the back. I decided to see if I could talk to Arnold as he was leaving. I was successful! First, I asked him if he would sign my shirt and he did, right above the word "lover." Then I asked him "do you support SB89, the ferret amnesty bill?" He replied, "you bet," then I asked him, "if SB 89 reaches your desk as governor would you sign it?" His response, "you can count on it!" I was so excited I just turned around and left. After I was about 15 feet away I realized I hadn't even thanked him! So back I went. He rolled down his window for me again. I said "I forgot something, can I shake your hand?" With a big grin on his face, he said "do you always do things in two parts?" I said "well yes, most of the time. Thank you so much for your support of the ferrets," and I shook his hand. I was on cloud nine! All excited and acting like a kid all the way home.

So now, California, you have your answer. He will sign the bill. source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I just realized the artical was from Oct 03, but HEY he IS in office now so there may be luck afterall!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:07 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Whoa.... I thought you had written that.... I was like 'wow' you got to meet Arnold.... Then I realized it was an article
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I wish!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Miss New Booty

I thought that too, Nicole!!!!!!! I was like "Why didn't we know about this before, meeting ARNOLD!!!!" Kay was keeping it from us! LOL!!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.