Update on Sissy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Post Update on Sissy

Well, the vitamin B shot seems to be helping. I know that I can't expect a miracle overnight, nor do I... but she seems to be a little more active when she is out of her cage.

Piggers came over with her scale tonight so I could weigh her and she is at 1 lb 1 oz. so that means she has increased weight overnight

I have successfully gotten her to eat twice today! (both times were jarred baby food, but that is better than nothing right?) She had peas early afternoon and green beans tonight... I still don't see her drinking water though?

I love when she wipes the food on her mouth and all over my carpet! lol (talk about Miss Priss!)

I know this is going to be a long road, but if I can stretch it out as long as possible I will!

Last edited by fstybrat; 02-08-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well it sounds like she is doing a little better, oh if she doesn't seem to be drinking water, you may want to try and get a syringe and try giving it to her manually, I know easier said than done, but at least you will know she will be getting water, if you can get her to take it that way that is Hang in there, sounds like she is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2003, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I thought about the syringe too... will have to get one, Thanks!
I think I am also gonna invest in a scale so I can watch her weight as well.
any major update and I will let ya know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Talking

just a quick update and so far... NO bad news

I still haven't seen her drinking any water, but she is actual anxious when I get home from work and she knows it is time to come out and eat her babyfood vegis! So seems much more alert and energetic, so maybe she's having a second wind (or 2nd thoughts about leaving us )
Whichever it is I don't care, the improtant things is she seems to be improving and is still with us!

I'll update you again in a couple days
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Sissy's in our thoughts, Kay! We're pulling for her!

Stephanie

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thumbs up

Thanks Jade, everyone's support means a lot to me!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

I am praying for Sissy!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 01:27 PM

So glad to hear Sissy is feeling better!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

I figured it's been a few days so I would update again.

I haven't weighed her lately but she appears to be gaining again. She is still eating baby food, and I have even "caught" her eating regular food and drinking a little water.

Over all I do see an improvement, but am still pretty much accepting that her end may be near.

I talked to my mother in law tonight about it and found out that the signs she is showing are the exact same signs her brother Chelsea showed 3 months before he died.

And I did find out for sure it was definately a seizure she had poor little girl.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Poor girl.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:20 AM
ferret_frenzy

Fsty I am sory to hear about your little sweetheart not feeling well. Has she been to the vet yet? Sounds like maybe it could be Insulinoma. One of the first signs of that is being tired all the time, and lack of energy. Just a thought, and I hope that she continues to do well.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Janie there was another thread about her going to the vet... but since I am here on this thread I will give you all an update anyway

I weighed her the last night and she is currently 15 oz. so she lost 2 oz since this time last week. She continues to inhale her baby food (which is a good thing!) I have not seen green urine in a few days now
She is still a little bit of a thing, but so far I have seen nothing but improvement. I continue to keep my fingers crossed that she will only continue to get better.

If any drastic changes occur I will certainly update everyone!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Unhappy

Well... this will be the last update on Sissy... she passed onto the rainbow bridge at 9:25 pm cst...

I knew it was coming though... this morning she had another seizure and tonight she wouldn't eat or drink. She couldn't walk more than 2-3 steps at a time without colapsing

I knew seeing that her time was near the end... so I cuddled her and told her it was ok and that I will always love her... 3 minutes later she took her last breath

I feel better in a way (now that it has taken me almost an hour to type this) knowing that she is not suffering anymore. Watching her try to breath and walk was heart breaking!

I will miss her dearly...
Good Bye my little angel, mommy loves you
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 11:53 PM
ferret_frenzy

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Sissy! I am sure she knows she was well loved. She is free from pain over at rainbow bridge with all the other fuzzies! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Thanks Janie! I think that is the one thing that is keeping me sane... knowing she is now comfortable again.
(psst... I have room for an extra ferret , is DS looking for a home? ) J/K trying to look to the brighter side
Closed Thread