Verizon Wireless Ferret Commercial - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Angry Verizon Wireless Ferret Commercial

Please help get this atrocity removed. This ad angered me beyond belief. Like ferrets don't get enough unnecessary negative publicity as it is Info is below w/ contact info on where to send letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated from ferret owners and non-ferret owners as well. Thanks

The following is from the Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter website located at http://www.ferretsunlimited.org/

"Normally this would post to the Director's Poop Corner, but I am so angered by the irresponsibility of Verison Wireless I cannot put it in the background.

Verizon Wireless decided to promote their SOS service at the expense of ferrets. It has a ferret on a coffee table and a guy sitting across from him. They are glaring at each other when the ferret leaps at the guy and attaches itself to his throat. The guy is wrestling to detach the ferret, then he grabs his Verizon cell and dials "SOS". Then they show the fake ferret latching onto the guys tongue and the guy running out into the street.

Any responsible pet owner, not only ferret owners should be appalled by the negativity of this commercial. What if it had been an Irish Setter? How about a Collie? Or a cute little kitten!! Let's make it a Poodle!! This commercial is wrong. It is wrong to use any type of pet in this type of commercial.

Anyone who agrees with me needs to let them know that portraying our pets, whether they are dog, cat, bird or ferret in a negative way is wrong and will not be tolerated. I think this goes for all companies. Not just Verizon.

Apparently, they do not realize that because of their commercial and how impressionable some people are, shelters will be receiving animals because there are people who think, "It was on TV, so it is true."

Write them letters, email them, send them faxes, let them know they are WRONG, and let them know they owe pet owners everywhere an apology on prime time, on all TV stations.

We were going to sign a contract with Verizon for wireless service for the shelter, but not now, and I encourage anyone who has their service to cancel it.

Pet owners need to speak up and let company's know we are tired of negative ad about animals.

Please, be sure to let them know that there are an estimated seven (7) million companion ferrets in the U.S. (yes, seven million ) (according to a recent American Ferret Association source) so that sort of negative ferret ad will not encourage new customers, or old customers to continue service. A positive ferret ad will appeal to many.

Verizon's contact information:

www.verizonwireless.com/

Verizon Wireless
Roger Tang - President
200 Allegheny Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086

Verizon Wireless
Customer Service Department
5175 Emerald Parkway
Dublin, OH 43017

Last edited by Nancy; 08-13-2002 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Fertile Myrtle

I agree with Toirtis, I don't find it offensive... it was actually pretty funny!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
pet owner, responsible pet owner