Why So Quiet? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Why So Quiet?

Well I guess I will share my news lol. Where I work we board
family pets. A guy I used to be friends with boarded his ferret and dog due to some complications in his relationship. He has now decided that he can no longer take care of the ferret. So he has been living here for a month or so. I decided that he could live at my work but now that I have been thinking about it I am going to take him home today and see how he will get along with Gomer. They have both been tested negative for ADV so I will have no problems there. I am still not sure if I want two ferrets at my home. What do you guys think of just play dates? I could bring Gomer to work with me if they get along and they could play a couple days a week. Do you think they will get depressed when I seperate them or do you think this may work?
He is a cute guy and sweet but does not like to be held for any length of time. This is the only time he bites harder then I would like. He is a dark sable but he is so fat. He gets out 4 or 5 hours a day and runs but man is he a chubby one. Any ideas on chubby ferrets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 11:36 AM

I don't know about that one. Personally I would want to bring him home to stay but maybe play dates is a good thing to start off with just to make sure they even like each other. Then maybe you can work with the ferret to make him a little bit more loveable and before you know it he'll be living with you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

I brought him home and they love each other. It was like they were friends for years lol. heres a pic of them. The big guy is about three times the size of Gomer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playing.jpg (8.6 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 01:29 PM

Awww, they look like they have been friends for years. Will you be keeping him?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

I am keeping him just not sure if he will live here or at my work but watching them sleep together I think he will be staying
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Gomer got a buddy?!?!

If you asking me about play buddies before I got Mojo I don't think I would have objected... but seeing Mojo the way she has been since I adopted her (she had 2 other buddies but I couldn't take all 3) I personally wouldn't do it. I think they get more attached than we realize. As for the "new one" not wanting to be held, each ferret is different. Sissy was like that but yet was sweet as pie! Winnie on the other hand sometimes likes to act like she is gonna snuggle then CHOMP He may be nipping out of fear of the new environment??

If they appear to get along well and you think you can manage I would consider keeping him at the home with Gomer! JMO
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

What an adorable pic! They look like they're having alot of fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.