You called the cops? Why ??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Ferret Discussion Mischievous antics, missing items, and all else ferret.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

You called the cops? Why ???

Thought you would all get a kick out of this story ...

My mother called me last night and told me "Your dad had to call the cops tonight". She sounded so serious, I was actually worried for a minute. Until she told me why.
They have a hedge that runs between their driveway and their neighbor's front yard. My dad has always been the one to trim it. He was on the neighbor's side, trimming away when a ferret came running out ! (I can't imagine what a shock that must've been !) His first thought was maybe it belonged to the neighbor's grandkids so he went to their front door. The ferret followed right on his heels - they weren't home so he figured he'd put it in the bed of his pick-up truck and call the police to come and take care of it. They came out, and the officer recognized it ! Another officer had just moved into a house half a block away from my parent's house, and it belonged to his kids ! He'd been missing for 3 days.
So, the silly little guy got back home, and my dad made good with the new family on the block. It's just lucky that the stinker picked the right house ... I'm not sure how anyone else would have reacted !!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 08:53 PM

I am so glad they found it's home! Your dad is a hero!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 09:05 PM

He may have been kept by someone else. Ferrets are awesome animals and I think anyone who loves animals would be tempted to keep it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Miss New Booty

WOW! What a story, Sharon! I'm so glad he was able to get back home, all because of your dad!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:45 AM

Y'know, this reminds me of this episode of Full House that was on the other day. For some reason, there was a WILD FERRET~~ running around the garage of the house. So Uncle Jesse, being the big bad mamma jamma he is, went on a search and destroy mission to find and exterminate it. When he finally caught it, though, Joey convinced him to let it live. This was one huge ferret, too... he was about the size of a house cat; big, fat, white and white, too. It ruled.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 11:55 PM

Thats such a funny and cute story. I'm so glad the little guy got back home.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Aww! What a great story!

Rhonda

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 12:25 AM

oh man, When I moved into this apt complex, the fixer uper guy, Gene, told me the story of an old woman and her encounter with a ferret.

The woman dialed 911, and told them that she was being attacked in her kitchen by a foot long white rat! *laughs* The 911 operator called the crew at the apt. and they went to rescue her from the albino ferret... the 80 year old woman was in shock, as she is deathly afraid of "foot long rats" When they got to her unit, they could hear her screaming bloody murder "Don't eat me, get away , this is my house not yours"
*laughs*
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 03:39 PM

I would have been tempted to keep the little guy, but I would have tried finding his original home first. I am glad that your dad found the owner's to the little guy.