Baths? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Baths?

I love giving my hedgie baths, but she hates them. I've tried giving her mealworms after, but she still wouldn't let me put her in the water. I am still giving he rmealworms, but is there anything else I can do to make bath time more fun?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counting_wires
I love giving my hedgie baths, but she hates them. I've tried giving her mealworms after, but she still wouldn't let me put her in the water. I am still giving he rmealworms, but is there anything else I can do to make bath time more fun?
how long have you been trying with her. it may be that it just takes time for her to come to like baths. or maybe just let her walk through a very shallow bowl of water for just a few seconds.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:13 PM

Oreo doesn't like them, but he doesn't resist them. I sometimes fill the bathroom sink with an inch of water, and thenfill a cup with warm water and pour it on his back, but not his head, or face. And i use a soft toothbrush to wash his quills. So, my suggestion is to use a cup and pour the water on her in the sink, rather than sicking her in water. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM

we have a walk in shower. so when it's time for Ron's bath we plug the drain and fill the shower up about to his tummy. he loves exploring the shower, but as soon as he finds the edge where i am sitting he always tries to escape. But all in all he seems to cooperate.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM

My hedgie is grouchy in general, but actually, he calms right down in warm water. I hold him so he is almost on his back with the sink faucet water running down his back and side, and pooling on his tummy, while his head and ears are out of the water. He tries his air-swimming technique for a bit but then calms right down and nearly falls asleep! If it works for my grumpy little beast, I bet it will work on any hedgie!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Hi i tend to find the shallow but wider area of water is better eg bath filled with 1/2cm of water is enjoyed more than a sink because they feel trapped and cant move around much.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Hello Earthling

This is an old thread form 2005