Fruits and extras - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Fruits and extras

Seeing how the hedgehog owners seem to be chatting it up so much lately, I figured I'd take the opportunity to ask what everyone's feeding their hedgies. I use a commercial hedgie food. Then Goo gets crickets and mealworms plus some occasional fruits. How 'bout you guys? Any specific fruits? I vaguely remember someone saying their hedgie eats waxworms too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 12:48 PM

Louie is on the same diet as your hedgie. I've tried different baby foods with him before but he won't eat them. I've heard some hedgies like the applesauce baby foods. I think Louie may be a picky eater.

He loves mealworms, crickets, cooked chicken & apples. He is quite a pig when it comes to them all! He eats his mealworms like he hasn't had a meal in a month!!!lol
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 03:48 PM

I'm loving all this hedgie activity! How about some pics? Jodi, have we ever seen Louie?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Mine LOVES mealworms and cooked chicken, and very small pieces of hotdogs. He turns his nose up at vegetables, especially sweet potato.

I was giving mine wax worms but I read that they have a higher fat content so I changed to mealworms. Grover is quite pudgy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 02:13 PM

Becki, I'll post some pics of Louie tonight!