Hedgie Bags??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Question Hedgie Bags???

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make the hedgie bags????
All info is Appreciated!!!

Allie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Formerly Known as oreos_my_hedgie

If you want it extra warm, take a 1/4 yard of fabric(fleece is best), and **cut it into 2 pieces(cut so you have 2 shorter pieces, not skinnier pieces) and place them on top of eachother.** Fold them in half hamburger style sew up the sides, leaving the top open.(the bottom is the fold.) Then fold the top down, (so the raw edge is outside,) down about 1/4 inch(and pin) Sew it all the way around. Not together, like the sides, but by sliding the bag onto the machine, like a sock, so the needle will hit where you folded it and sew it, until you hit where you started. if you need it less warm, only use 1 of those pieces, where i put the **'s

Is that clear?? Depending on you particular fabric, it may be wider, or vise versa, so this may not work. If you have any questions, or if this is too confusing, just let me know!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Ummm.... I think I get it.... I know how it'd be sewing it up but I wasn't sure on how long and wide. I was thinking maybe 15" by 20" or 13" by 18" I'll figure it out. But If anyone has any other info on them I'll really appreciate it! Thanks! and Thank you MissAmandasZoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 07:02 PM

to make it easier, go with 9'' (1/4 yd) by whatever, or 12'' (1/3 yd) by whatever, so you already have your fabric cut one way from the store, and you don't have to hassle with trimming it. It doesn't even have to have a certain measurement. Just eyeball it while sewing with your hedgie on your lap, to make something that looks like it will be a good size for him/her. i don't ever measure mine, I just trim it until it looks like a good size. good luck

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

OK Thanks! I'll probably just eye ball it. I usually do that a lot with pillows and stuff.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 10:39 PM

yep, exactly! lol good luck Yah, your just making a mini fleece pillowcase.