Hedgie in need of a wheelchair - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Hedgehog Discussion Huffing & puffing, curious noses, balls of quills, and all else hedgie.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hedgie in need of a wheelchair

I recently got a hedgehog from a woman who had it for her three year old son. Bad pet for a kd that young. Even though she had a lump on her back I took her in and gave the hedgie a good home. Ive had her about a month now and all of the sudden her back legs completly stopped working. My vet said its either cancer or shes just really old. She acts like her normal fiesty self, she just drags her back legs. I cant give up on her and was wondering if anyone had any idea on a wheelchair for hedgies. Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
is a little "special"

Could you buy a wheelchair made for bunnies or really small dogs? I don't think it would be too hard to make one either.

Poor hedgie. It's good that you adopted her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
laugh often

you can also google how to make animal wheelchairs and just downsize it to hedgie size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I have been looking up different animal wheelchairs all day and already have some ideas. I was just hoping someone had already maybe made one.

Tags
back legs, hedgehogs, wheelchair